1,785 results
All reviews fenway park kenmore square red sox game great location house of blues king suite green line an older hotel living room front desk staff bit dated subway station historic building street noise coffee maker parking garage uno
Reviewed 14 April 2018

I never heard a sound from another room. They built solid walls in the old days. I did hear plenty of noise from the highway (Mass Pike) right outside and from Fenway Park (baseball stadium), where there was a game every night. Unless your an avid baseball fan, ask for a room on the north (Commonwealth Ave.) side, or in the center of the building.
The staff was friendly and helpful; breakfast (at a discounted price) was good. My room was basic but comfortable. The only thing I missed was a reading chair. The design of the building, with hallways turning this way and that, was interesting in itself. The location, adjacent to Boston University, is ideal if you have business there; Newbury St., Prudential Center, the Public Garden and other attractions are walkable too. Central Boston is pretty compact. If you want to use the subway, Kenmore station is just a few steps away.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side, away from the Pike and Fenway Park, and in the center are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Tony C
Sondra M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hi Tony c,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. We understand there are many choices out there when choosing a hotel and we are honored you chose to stay with us.

We look forward to seeing you again on your return to the Boston area.

Have a great week.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

Booked with a third party agent for 2 adults and a child. Arrived after travelling 'over the pond' to be received by this po-faced harridan who couldn't even crack her face with a smile, or any remote welcoming gesture; obviously in the wrong job. She could see that there were 3 of us , but still sent us to one of their dreadful 'inner rooms' with only 1 double bed in it. I rang to complain only to have someone from housekeeping knock on the door and push a 'rollaway' bed in, then walk off. We managed to assemble the bed ourselves, only to find that there was only a 'thin blanket' inside...in Boston in the middle of winter!!. I rang down again, and a duvet was begrudgingly supplied. We also had to unplug the noisy refrigerator every night, so as to sleep. We didn't bother with their breakfast, as the old breakfast service had been replaced with a more formal and expensive offering. I wonder if we got the crap room because we didn't book direct with the hotel? I wish I could say that it was a pleasant experience, but unlike 2013, it wasn't. Remember, kids under 11 travel free with an adult on the 'T'. Just push 'em through the turnstile in front of you.It feels like cheating, but everybody does it.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank alan h
Sondra M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear alan h,

Thank you so kindly for your review, I am sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service to our guests and sometimes we fall short. We are in the process of training guest agents and they tend to be a little nervous on their first days. We will use these comments as a training tool.

In regards to your room, we did honor the prepaid Queen room that you booked online with Expedia, There are no penalties for the location of your room due to how you booked.

Again, thank you for your comments on your stay. We wish you a pleasant summer.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

This hotel has potential - it's historic, quirky, and in a great location. Sadly, our experience was a huge let down. Our room was extremely noisy with freeway noise. We've stayed just as close to major roads in the past and were shocked at how loud it was. The repairs done to the room were obviously not done well or with care. Spackle on doors that were not sanded or repainted, broken closet door, a missing closet door, poorly repaired plaster walls, outlets with big gaps on the sides, etc. Don't even get me started on the moldy, rusty, rundown bathroom that needed a complete overhaul (and basic water pressure!). The room could have been an amazing space but was just a rundown space with 4 nondescript walls that could have been anywhere in the country. The hallways were dark, dingy, and confusing. Some new paint, artwork and more signage would have made a huge difference. They should go room to room, strip off the old paint, make proper repairs and highlight the historic aspects of the space. I love old, just well cared for old instead of tired and poorly upkept old. artwork featuring the greats that sang there, the sports history, etc would make the space even more amazing.
Beware that the parking lot is unattended after 6pm. If you need to park or leave after that, good luck. The attendant had cars so closely parked together and the lot overparked that guests couldn't get in or out. Don't get me started on the "lower" level parking. Sketchy and scary don't begin to describe this option. the hotel would be well served to hire a valet to help guests. Most will happily pay a few more dollars to have their car safely parked in an attended lot.

Room Tip: Skip the Fenway view since the noise from the freeway is horrendous.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Sondra M, General Manager at Boston Hotel Buckminster, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear greenwichgirly,

Thank you for your comments on our hotel, it is through the guests perspectives, such as this, that we are able to rectify the experiences for future guests. We appreciate your time in writing this review and if you would be so kind and call me at 617-236-7050.I would like to find out a little bit more about your stay and apologize for the issues.

Kind Regards,
Sondra Morgan
GM

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I was expecting bare bones because of the price. However, it was fantastic. Really clean, great staff, very central. It shows some age, but that is not so important. Beds were comfortable. Quiet as could be next to the expressway. Ms. Barrett at the front desk in addition to being extremely competent and friendly is really attractive. I would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank TeeBow

Hi TeeBow,

We appreciate your review on our hotel and staff. We are a 120 year old property with much history but we are constantly upgrading our rooms to ensure our guests have a pleasant stay.

We look forward to your next visit with us here at the Boston Hotel Buckminster.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I stayed here for a club trip and this hotel was top quality the staff were friendly and helpful, the cleaning staff went above and beyond to make the stay pleasant. We had five people in a room and so one person was using a few couch cushions to form a bed, the room service brought up sheets and a blanket turning into a rather nice place to sleep with no request from us or extra charge. The price was very reasonable for how good a location it is and they knocked off 10% for us without me even needing to ask. This place is well worth the cost and there is no question that I will stay here again if I'm ever in Boston.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Benjamin H

Hi Benjamin H,

Thank you so much for the review on our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are centrally located in the Boston area with easy access to many venues.

We hope you do make a trip back to the Boston area and we would be honored if you stayed with us again.