3,229 results
All reviews newbury street fireplace butler park view great location the ritz public gardens room service turn down service beacon hill beautiful hotel an upgrade freedom trail concierge luxury commons slippers doorman
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Really nice hotel, up-scale but not crazy expensive, good staff rooms and food and very central. The rooms were a fairly standard layout but very clean and fresh, breakfast was great with good selections.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BostonTaj, General Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear stephengD2723ZD:

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff, our hotel and especially your breakfast with us. We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Boston.

Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

Always the best service in the city! Front desk staff, bellmen, housekeeping -all great! Forgot my phone charger and although I was surprised they didn't have a drawer full -the concierge hooked me up and charged my phone in her office. I was able to pop across the street to the Public Gardens with an ice coffee and a book and disconnect for an hour in the sunshine!

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear mcm63:

It's always good to relax and disconnect from time to time and we are glad that you were able to take advantage of our beautiful Public Garden across the street. On your next visit to Taj Boston we hope that you will give yourself more than an hour to bask in the sunshine and enjoy the flowers!

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Excellent stay. Staff were very professional and friendly. From the bellmen, to the front desk, to the wait staff, to housekeeping, they were all very nice. The room was delightful and spacious. Great amenities in the room.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear fabstay2017:

We are delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and the services from our staff and your room amenities. We have shared your kind comments with our team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Boston again.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

Where to begin...I was given wrong information at check-in about the specifics and room credit amounts regarding my room package. I went back the next day and showed the receptionist my confirmation email with the correct details, he said he would correct it, and it wasn't corrected. I had to bring it up again at checkout when I was reviewing my charges. The room is tired, dim, dingy, and in dire need of an update. The bed itself is comfortable, but unless you like limp, lifeless pillows with 0% support, you may not have a good night's rest. Housekeeping either forgot to change the shower amenities from the last guest, or Gilcrest & Soames sent out a batch of completely empty conditioner and partially empty shampoo bottles. I had my children's shampoo and conditioner in my luggage, so it wasn't a complete inconvenience. The only thing that I would say is outstanding about this hotel is the room service. The food was hot, fresh, fast, and delicious. There is an Indian menu in addition to the traditional menu, and both were excellent.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BostonTaj, Manager at Taj Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear sarborib:

We were delighted to hear that you really enjoyed our room service menus. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences that you had with your billing and room amenities. We do realize that some of our rooms have aged and we do have plans for upcoming renovations. Your candid comments will serve to help us improve our services and amenities. We hope that you would visit a newer and refreshed Taj Boston and I welcome the opportunity to discuss your issues further if you would like.

Kevin Kelleher, Hotel Manager
kevin.kelleher@tajhotels.com

Reviewed 12 April 2017

If you like cold showers, this is the place for you.

The first morning, it took five minutes for the "hot" water to change from ice-cold to tepid. Finally was warm enough to take a shower. Second morning, it stayed ice cold and we called the front desk. They sent it to "Engineering." My wife and I had to let a guy into the room while we were in our pajamas to "test." His test was to hold his hand under the faucet. By then, after 15 minutes, it was starting to get tepid, and he told us we were all set.

Upon checkout, I asked for an adjustment to our costs in compensation and they would not do so.

The other "cons": room was not ready when we arrived, 90 minutes after check-in time. And one evening, the corridor smelled like someone was using a wood stove.

There are a number of "pros": The location is spectacular. The room was spacious and clean (though the closet was cramped). All our meals were catered by their staff as part of an event... the food and the service were outstanding.

In summary - I've always heard that this hotel (including under its former name, the Ritz-Carlton) as one of Boston's best. The nice stuff was there, but they couldn't meet a basic service that even the most basic motels always provide: hot water. And they were unwilling to make good after the fact.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Corydoras:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Taj Boston. Please accept my sincere apologies for the lack of hot water. I can understand how inconvenient this must have been for you and your wife. This is not typical of the services that strive to provide for our guests and we have shared this information with the Director of Engineering. We hope that you would consider to give us a second chance and stay with us again.