“Another two great stays at the Boston Omni”
Review of Omni Parker House

Omni Parker House
Ranked #48 of 84 Hotels in Boston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I've just returned from a five night stay at the Omni (Rm 1030). A great corner room, with windows on two sides. Prior to that I was at the Omni for New Years (Rm1024); again a decent room with sufficent space. I've stayed at the Omni several times before, so knew what to expect.
The hotel is just a very short walk from Government Center T stop (on Blue line from Airport).
On both occassions, great welcome from staff. And provided with good, clean rooms. My rooms were of good size, but I know some of the rooms are fairly small - beware if you travelling as a couple.
I'm a member of the Omni select guest program which entitles you to complimentary beverage in the morning, and free wifi. (Definately sign up before your trip).

The hotel is on the freedom trial, and walking decent to the majority of sights in Boston.

I was in town for the hockey and basketball - a short walk to TD Garden.

I will definately return to the hotel, and would throughly recommend.

Room Tip: Try and bag a corner room, or a higher floor - for space and quiteness
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Omni Parker House

Reviewed 15 March 2012

It was so easy to get to from the airport and so central for us to walk to all the attractions. Booked 'single' rooms and they were SINGLE, you could not have fitted another person in the room. Lacked drawer and cupboard space. However, it was fine for our 4 nights. Enjoyed the food in the restaurant. It was so cold that hot apple cider was available free in the foyer.

Room Tip: Try to have a room on the 6th floor upwards.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I am currently stayin at the Omni with my husband and our experience has been terrible. Unfortunately we still have 3 nights left here. We booked online and nothing we read about the hotel gave us the impression that we were booking a terrible room and that moreover the staff would do absolutely nothing about it except give us excuses. Our room has 1 double bed that's too high for me to even get into! There's only enough room for one side table turned sideways! The bathroom is larger but there are no shelves, hooks, tables to put anything on which means we put everything including our towels on the floor in order to reach them. The sink is just a sink - there's not even space for you to put down your toothbrush! These may sound like small complaints but add them all together and it makes for a very functionally challenged room! In addition you can't open the curtains because you can see right into the rooms in the adjacent buildings. To top it off the clock in our room had not been changed to reflect the time change so we were an hour behind to start our day thi morning. We told the front desk staff that were not happy with all of this (and I have to say my husband was very nice) and the result was either we take a worse room or we take a table that they woul put in our room. We came back tonight to a table way to big and it made us feel like we were in a ghetto hotel. Basically we will never stay at an Omni Hotel again!! I seriously hope that something changes our mind about this hotel but I won't hold my breath.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank slp1978
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed for three nights at the beautiful Omni Parker House. I usually prefer modern hotels but this is so historic and so beautifully kept and updated, I absolutely loved it. I loved reading about the history and the people who had stayed there (Charles Dickens!), and admired all the details in the lobby. I had a small room but it didn't feel cramped. The bathroom was nicely updated and everything was very clean. The bedding is luxurious. The location is very central, close to two subway stops, just steps away from Boston Commons, and pretty close to the North End, as well as Faneuil Hall. The only somewhat negative is that the room was quite dark, no sunlight would ever come in (on the 9th floor), the same was the case with my friends' room, and it looks like a good number of rooms are situated like that. However, it didn't bother me too much. I wholeheartedly recommend this hotel and hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bettina131
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We love staying at this omni hotel the location is perfect right next to the freedom trail and the staff is super friendly and helpful

• Stayed: February 2012