“Tucked away, great pastrami”
Review of Sam LaGrassa's

Sam LaGrassa's
Ranked #1 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 22 July 2017

We visited on a Thursday for lunch and it wasn't very busy. There were a lot of boxes going out for businesses that had placed orders. My husband had the pastrami sandwich and raved about it. I had the turkey, ham & swiss with coleslaw. It was also fantastic! The horseradish on mine was quite a kick, so if you don't like spicy foods, ask for it without the horseradish. The food is definitely 5 star, but it was an expensive lunch. $45 for 2 sandwiches, 2 bags of chips and 2 drinks is high. We ate lunch at other suggested restaurants and had a great meal for less money. I'm glad that we visited, but not sure it would be my #1. I couldn't imagine bringing in a family for lunch and spending $100.

1  Thank midwestraveller
Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed 21 July 2017

The pastrami is New York quality with a hint of sweetness that is genius. These are big sandwiches worth the reasonably long wait at lunchtime.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Stopped in for one of their daily lunch specials, which was a really good reuben: generous portion, very tasty, and it required a fork to ensure that all of the goodness could be consumed. Messy to eat (hey...it's a huge bite!), but all in all a solid lunch experience. I'd definitely return to try a few other items from their extensive menu.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Went here during our stay in Boston, fantastic sandwiches which are very large so bring your appetite, when you walk in you will think its too busy and want to leave but people come and go out of there so quickly so dont get discouraged, maybe try to look at the menu online before going so you are not overwhelmed when you are in line trying to look at the 30 sandwiches and there is people behind you, definitely a must hit lunch spot in downtown Boston when you are there!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch at Sam LaGrassa's and boy was it worth it...I always figure if there's lots of locals eating in a place it's gonna be good...and for this place that was right.

We all ordered a sandwich from a good number available on the menu...I had beef 'n' peppers which was delicious!...we also had 3x soft drinks and the total was around $50.

There are plenty of tables but it's really busy at lunchtime so keep your eyes open and grab one when you see it...however the place is near Boston Common and Fanueill Hall so take out is another great option.

The sandwiches were all great and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place...proper American style sandwiches at a level way beyond Subway or Panera!