“Fresh massive deli sandwiches ”
Review of Sam LaGrassa's

Sam LaGrassa's
Ranked #1 of 3,306 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Fast food
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

A bustling lunch spot serving massive, fresh tasting sandwiches.

I was staying just around the corner and located this gem while perusing reviews. I arrived around 11:45 on a Friday and the place was already packed with a generous line of folks waiting to order. The menu is broad with all the traditional deli classics like pastrami, roast beef and turkey along with a number of specialty sandwiches including the one I ordered, chipotle chicken.

Lots of folks were getting food to go but I opted to eat in. You order at the counter and your food arrives before you even make it down to the cash registers. Don't forgot to order the big meaty steak fries if that's your thing at the time you order the sandwich.

Seating is mostly one huge table that runs the length of the restaurant-just cozy in like a local.

Servings are large enough to share and at $12-$13 for a sandwich not inexpensive but the food is fresh and high quality. They know what they are doing at this place and it's a great spot for a lunch to power you through the rest of your day.

Recommended

Write a ReviewReviews (1,261)

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

First let me say I'm not an expert on pastrami, or corned beef sandwiches. Will say f I didn't like it I wouldn't write a review. My wife found Sam LaGrassa's on trip advisor and wanted to try it. While on the Freedom trail we decided to deviate and walk 2 blocks to the restaurant. I am so glad we did. We arrived about 10:50 and already people lining up. I ordered the Famous Rumanian pastrami. It was one f re best sandwiches I've ever had. The place was packed within minutes and stayed that way the whole time we were there. You know it's good when the locals are eating there. Also noticed there were taxis along the street. They were taking catering drop off and deliveries.
We were in Boston 4 days. And went back and had lunch before we left town. If you go to Boston don't pass up going and getting a great sandwich!!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Went for lunch at this centrally located restaurant in the Downtown Crossing area. Service and quality of food is exceptional. Their signature sandwiches, including the Pastrami sandwich is an excellent value for taste, quantity and price. Get there soon.. you will not regret it.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Love going to LaGrassa's for a pastrami or roast beef sandwich. Consistently delicious. At lunchtime on the weekdays expect a mix of professionals from the finance district, police/firemen waiting in a cafeteria style line or getting takeout.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

The amount of meat they put on these sandwiches is unbelievable. The meat is good and always fresh. The bread is grilled a little bit, so good. I like the turkey meat, with cheese and there a special sauce that is addicting.