“Quick Service and Decent Food”
Review of Cask'n Flagon

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Fenway / Kenmore
Reviewed 26 April 2018

After a long day of touring the city, we had dinner here our last night in Boston. The service was quick and the food was pretty good.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We accidentally arrive here, but it was the best night in Boston. We ate a really good pizza, we drink and we dance all night long. Super recommended !

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I were on a college tour of Boston and found Cask’n Flagon and dropped in for dinner. It was later - 8-ish and a weeknight but would have thought some attention was warranted. We struggled to grab our servers attention throughout - the food was good, the drinks empty and the dessert. That was The kicker. We ordered the chocolate cake and was served an ice cream cake wrapped in chocolate - when finally we got our servers attention I asked - “what’s this?” He said “Chocolate cake” - I said. “I don’t think so!” He had to check - Really? Well he returned with the chocolate cake and said, he put the ticket in right, but.... but what? It wasn’t chocolate cake!! He said - “It’s on the House.” (We were charged for the ice cream cake, btw). And with all that the cake tasted like saw dust. We were there on Wednesday - no doubt the cake was left over from Saturday. Overall - eh! I was disappointed. :(

Reviewed 14 April 2018

I'm not ordinarily a fan of sports bars.

We went to the Cask'n Flagon before a baseball game at Fenway Park. Reservations aren't taken. We got there at around 10:45am for 1:05pm game and the place was *packed*, SRO. We waited about 20 minutes for a table; they take some form of I.D. from you to make sure that nobody is jumping the line.

I had two drinks, a jalapeno margarita where I should have known better, it wouldn't have cut it in California, and a Bloody Mary that was possibly the best I ever had. Sorry, not a beer drinker other than Guinness and some other ales, can't comment on their offerings.

I ordered the Fenway Burger, a house standard that hit the spot.

The place was not only crowded but is very large. Yet we could hear ourselves talk at our table and I didn't see a single obnoxious drunk as I've seen in other sports bars. I wish I could have called out to the young woman wearing a Cubs cab but she had vanished by the time I got up from our table.

Definitely a repeatable experience for the next time I make it to Fenway.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

During my trip to Boston, Cask 'n' Flagon became my starting point each day. It was the first bar I set eyes on and definitely the best.

Always a friendly greeting and a handshake from the guys behind the bar. Even listening to them talk to other customers you can see they have a passion for their product.

I had a many a skinful of Guinness here during my trip, and finally decided to eat on the last day. All I wanted was a pizza with no cheese and no meat but said surprise me with the rest. I was surprised. I got tomatoes, peppers, garlic, onions and broccoli. All delicious!