“Unexpected delicious dinner”

Cuisines: Indian
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Reviewed 11 October 2017

I read a few good reviews of this restaurant, but we were headed to a nearby pizza place (too long of a wait), and decided to try Tikki Masala. We had the veggie Dinner for 2. We got to choose three veggie main dishes, 2 soups and naan. We really enjoyed all of it. The Mixed Veggie Curry was our favorite, and I just had some of it that was left-over at home for lunch - still delicious!

A new discovery for us, and one we will definitely return to!

1  Thank CincyOHTraveler

Reviewed 16 May 2017

After working awhile in India, I'm pretty critical of Indian restaurants in the US, but Tikki Masala is terrific! Fresh, flavorful, home-style, with both north and south Indian dishes offered. The couple who own the place are always on hand and cheerful (I think he does a lot of the cooking!) Service is a bit European - they won't bother you unless you signal for something, including the check - and the food is cooked fresh, so expect a few minutes wait. It's worth it! The cafe is at the southern end of the Southwest Corridor bike path, just across from the Forest Hills T. Or if you drive in, park in the lot at the far end of the building (a few storefronts north of Tikki Masala) and walk over. Namasthe!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

My son and I wondered by today looking for a bite before his guitar lesson. Tikki Masala was hugely more than a bite -- it was a very generous meal, a splendid buffet, where everything was delicious. And what a pleasant dining area! You can look right into the kitchen through glass to see everything prepared. Directly across the street from the T, Tikki Masala is very well positioned. My son, who usually doesn't like Indian food, was amazed -- this was the best he'd ever tasted. He wants to come back later in the afternoon when we're even more hungry.

Reviewed 20 February 2016 via mobile

Have been going to Bukhara for years, but heard there was a newer place in JP. Was happily surprised with taste and quality of food. Enjoyed aloo ghobi, chicken tikka masala, and chicken dhosa. My son also liked the rice pudding. One complaint is not enough rice. Also, parking on Washington St. is treacherous.

1  Thank magivey
Reviewed 2 February 2016 via mobile

From a native North Indian and two friends who have also lived there, this got the tick of approval. Portions so huge they give you containers to take the rest home.

1  Thank JacMBrisbane