“Good Experience But Not As Good As the Reviews Suggest”
Review of Genki Ya

Genki Ya
Ranked #377 of 3,591 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place is highly rated on a number of sites, including this one. I thought it was just OK. I had dinner before a show, which location wise, this was terrific as it is right in the theatre district. I had the Spider Tempura - which was a bit dry. Also had a shrimp spring roll, which was huge and tasted great. I ended with the Torched Deluxe which was good as well.The best part of the meal was the Ozeki Dry saki, a small bottle for only $8.

Date of visit: April 2018
2  Thank L920DZbillb

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had double spicy tuna roll and yellow tail roll. Fish was fresh and tasted great. No beer on tap but Sapporo is always good with sushi. Would definitely come back again!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here as the place we wanted to go to had a 1.5 hour wait however this place was acceptable. Felt a bit rough around the edges (bathroom could do with updating, plastic menus etc) but food was good. Would recommend and would go back but probably wouldn’t be my first choice.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The sushi were good and fresh, the sashimi were big thick pieces which you rarely see in sushi restaurants. The service was also very satisfying. We were very pleased with our visit.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 30 October 2017

I order take out from here about once a week for lunch. The sushi is very fresh, and I recommend ordering their house salad with ginger dressing-- its phenomenal!

Date of visit: October 2017