“Good Experience But Not As Good As the Reviews Suggest”
Review of Genki Ya

Genki Ya
Ranked #368 of 3,453 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This place is highly rated on a number of sites, including this one. I thought it was just OK. I had dinner before a show, which location wise, this was terrific as it is right in the theatre district. I had the Spider Tempura - which was a bit dry. Also had a shrimp spring roll, which was huge and tasted great. I ended with the Torched Deluxe which was good as well.The best part of the meal was the Ozeki Dry saki, a small bottle for only $8.

2  Thank Bill B

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Had double spicy tuna roll and yellow tail roll. Fish was fresh and tasted great. No beer on tap but Sapporo is always good with sushi. Would definitely come back again!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Ate here as the place we wanted to go to had a 1.5 hour wait however this place was acceptable. Felt a bit rough around the edges (bathroom could do with updating, plastic menus etc) but food was good. Would recommend and would go back but probably wouldn’t be my first choice.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

The sushi were good and fresh, the sashimi were big thick pieces which you rarely see in sushi restaurants. The service was also very satisfying. We were very pleased with our visit.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

I order take out from here about once a week for lunch. The sushi is very fresh, and I recommend ordering their house salad with ginger dressing-- its phenomenal!