“Get your YUMS here!”

Ranked #1,156 of 3,591 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: The Causeway Restaurant & Bar is conveniently close to the Boston's TD Garden and North Station. It is Boston's finest Barbeque restaurant, serving award-wining brisket chilly and other BBQ specialties. Its BBQ is prepared on the premises in a J&R smoker from fresh ingredients by highly experienced chefs. The full menu is served daily from 11:30am until 10pm. The bar is open until 2am. The second floor may be booked for private events.
Reviewed 10 November 2017

We stopped here on our way to the federal building to get a passport. We didn't have time to check reviews in advance, we literally visited on convenience of location. What a pleasant surprise! Service was outstanding - as soon as we entered we were pleasantly greeted and told to sit anywhere. We chose a big comfy booth but there are many tables by the big plate glass windows as well. Great people watching had here. Moments later our server arrived and he remained attentive for the duration. Food was delicious - I had a really tasty Rueben sandwich on marbled toast with a refreshing glass of iced tea. My son had a pulled chicken sandwich which he said was outstanding and would recommend to anyone. The BBQ sauce here is just right - tangy but not too spicy. The environment is upbeat. There are several TVs playing sports channels and news but not too loudly, you're just aware they are there if you want to watch. They also have what looks to be a comfortable bar with tap beer and a fun bartender. We could hear him laughing and joking with the customers. Very clean place, including the ladies room. Lucky find. Try it out!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Was recommended by a friend to go here for the outdoor games. Upon arrival, they had told us that it wasn't open that day. Bummer but we still wanted drinks and food. Food was ok. The mac n cheese was great while the chili left a lot to be desired having almost no flavor at all. The bartender was very nice and offered some local beer samples. Overall, I'd go back for drinks and atmosphere but hold the food.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We stopped by here twice as it was by our hotel. The food was good both times- first time we had dinner and drinks, the second time we went for brunch which was amazing. The bar tender was really nice and friendly as were all the staff. They made us feel welcome and relaxed. They also played some great music.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 11 February 2017

This restaurant bar have some of the nicest staff I have encountered in a long time! drinks are great and the smoked meets are delicious. The owners did a great job here! Also soon they will have a roof deck which will be AMAZING.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

Against my better judgement, my son and I Stopped into this place before a Cetics game. My thoughts initially were...
Hmmm a BBQ joint directly across from The Garden, definitely rolling the dice on this one! Unfortunately I was right. Meats were weird, sides were too. No sauces on the table to help. BBQ isn't easy but I guess it doesn't matter if your across from a major attraction.

Date of visit: January 2017