“Best Tapas and Paella Anywhere!”
Review of Toro

Toro
Ranked #30 of 3,454 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: South End
Description: Toro is a Barcelona-style tapas restaurant located in Boston's South End. We serve traditional and modern Spanish-style small plates made with locally sourced and sustainable ingredients. Toro is owned and operated by James Beard Award-winning Chefs Ken Oringer & Jamie Bissonnette.
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Wow! The most energetic restaurant I've ever been to. Lines can be LONG. Get there 1/2 hour before opening if you want an early meal otherwise who knows!
Food is amazing. Best paellas I've ever had. Both the traditional and the rabbit/snail. Best octopus too. So difficult to get that right. So many great dishes. Wow wow wow.

ToroBoston, Guest Relations Manager at Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Thank you for joining us!

Reviewed 9 April 2018

The food is amazing, and the customer service was top notch. Went there for lunch but also think would be as good for dinner. Their menu was diverse and have a lot of interesting options.

Thank you for joining us, Peter!

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The wait was over an hour but the food was well worth the wait. Everyone is very friendly and I loved the atmosphere. Will be going back!!

ToroBoston, Guest Relations Manager at Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for joining us at Toro, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Went to this restaurant on a whim before reading any reviews, and it ranks easily in my top 5 favorite restaurants! The food was completely phenomenal. Every dish was better than the last. They have an extensive menu of tapas options so it was easy to find dishes both my boyfriend and I wanted to try. The options are all interesting using ingredients that I would not have expected. The goat empanadas, duck drummettes, and something with Jonah crab were my favorites. The drinks were also awesome and the staff were friendly. Two things to be aware of: the price can easily climb trying a lot of dishes and you definitely want to leave time for a wait. It's an understandably popular place, though we were lucky to get bar seats right at 5pm.

A great restaurant that will easily be my go to option when I want to take friends or family out to eat in Boston.

Thank you so much for your kind words! We'll be sure to pass this along to our staff, and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We arrived at Toro from Amherst Massachusetts, after an hour and half of commuting we found Toro. The restaurant was very crowded and they don't do a reservation. We were 6 students and after waiting about 20 min, the waitress found us a small table in the center of the action. The food was delicious but the servers were sucks. We ordered white Jamon and it never arrived at the table. I asked the waitress 3 times for a napkin and it never came. The music in the place wasn't from Spain and feel that the servers were in such rush. I am from Spain and I always enjoy the ambiance and service of the tapas on the Canary Island. I wish the management of TORO improves all those details because the food it is really good, except the sangria that was very watery but besides that, we had a good time at the restaurant. Thank you and express my gratitude to the cooks.

ToroBoston, Guest Relations Manager at Toro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Andres, thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. We're sorry to hear your meal did not live up to expectations. We'll be sure to share this feedback with both our management and kitchen teams, always striving to improve our guests experience.

Best,