“Amazing Food & Service!”
Review of Ostra

Ostra
Reserve with OpenTable
Ostra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 3,591 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Ostra, located at One Charles Street South in Boston's Back Bay, is a contemporary Mediterranean Seafood restaurant. Inspired by local and European varieties of seafood, Chef/Owner Jamie Mammano and Executive Chef Mitchell Randall focus on specialty seafood found throughout the Mediterranean and regions within the U.S. The light preparation of our cuisine highlights the natural and fresh flavors of each dish. The dining room at Ostra evokes a sense of style and sophistication in a comfortable and inviting setting. Ostra also offers a fine bar and lounge area featuring live piano entertainment. Ostra's private dining room accommodates up to 42 for a seated event and up to 70 for a cocktail reception.
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We started our experience with lobster gnocchi and sea bass tartare. They were incredible; the lobster gnocchi was my favorite. My husband got scallops that were so sweet and cooked perfectly. I got the filet mignon. It was also cooked perfectly. For dessert, I highly recommend the chocolate molten cake with ice cream. It was incredible. We also got a caramel popcorn dessert. It was good but couldn’t compare to the classic chocolate molten cake with ice cream.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 12 March 2018

This beautiful mediterranean seafood restaurant in the heart of the theatre district is top notch in a city where seafood is a Bostonian tradition. From the host to the wait staff everything was super. The wine list, the whole branzino (fish) plus. overall I will recommend this great seafood gem.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 8 March 2018

Honestly this is in the top 2-3 meals I've ever had and I've eaten in many restaurants in NYC, Paris London, etc. I chose this for a special anniversary dinner expecting it to be good. Calling several days in advance I was still only able to secure an 8:30 time slot for a table of 2. Now I know why. By the end of the meal my husband and I just looked at each other and said WOW!! Don't miss the chocolate torte - it is AHMAZING!

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank KMcBoston
Reviewed 7 March 2018

Exhausted after a long day at a conference, we almost literally tripped over Ostra in the evening. From eating being a chore of the tired, it rapidly became a real pleasure: some of the best prepared seafood I've ever eaten (Sea Bream done to perfection), Octopus braised in red wine being another standout (and I don't like octopus) and excellent and characterful wines recommended the thoughtful, knowledgeable and very helpful sommelier. I can't recommend this restaurant highly enough.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Ostra is a type of restaurant where it is top notch for everything. From the time you walk in to the time you walk out. The decor, the staff and the fine cruisine. If your looking to impress or your looking to have a meal youwont forget. Ostra is your place to be. My hat goes off to the owners, staff and especially the Chef. Ive been to many restaurants in Boston this one is high on my list!

Date of visit: February 2018