“WOW - amazing food, super service & just a great evening!!”

Bell In Hand Tavern
Ranked #168 of 3,446 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

My friends and I had dinner here tonight and it was simply fabulous!! We were a party of 10 and they treated us like royalty. We enjoyed the atmosphere so much and the waitress was very attentive. The food was beyond amazing. I ordered the clam CHOWDAH (yum!) and the traditional fish and chips. The fish was SO fresh and the breading was light and delicious!! The owners served us complimentary Boston creme pie for dessert and it was light, airy and totally yummy!! This is definitely a restaurant you need to visit when you are in Boston!!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

We visited here on a beautiful May evening - windows open - fresh air and love music- reasonable for dinner out with family - we tried oysters !

Food for whole family and a Sam Adams for Mom!

Great atmosphere and food - oldest continuously run tavern in America !

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Tasty meal - I ordered the PEI mussels in white wine with a side of Boston baked beans and a Samuel Adams beer - a bit of a random combo but it worked.

The table beside me ordered the lobster Mac & cheese that looked more soupy than cheese (I was glad with my random meal selection).

1  Thank Kristina P
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

I stop by on a whim – – and barely knew where I was stopping. The ambience was surprisingly comfortable, and the hot lobster roll was delicious!!

I also had a house beer, which was quite good, but I can’t recall the name. The bartender said it was a special brew by Sam Adams.

Reviewed 25 May 2018

This place was fun to visit. You can tell it's been renovated, but it's meant to look like the original bar. We didn't eat - only had drinks. But they had a good selection and the staff was friendly. It's a great place to stop in while on the Freedom Trail to have a local beer.

Been to Bell In Hand Tavern? Share your experiences!