“Best Indian I've had in some time”
Review of Bukhara

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Jamaica Plain
Reviewed 14 October 2016

Quite good atmosphere with BACKGROUND music. Perhaps the best tandoor chicken I've had - since the tray is covered it did not get dried out. The pakora could have tasted fresher - I think they should prepare these is smaller batches so they don't sit around so long. Chicken tikka masala also very good, as well as the vegetable dishes. Tea and fresh RIPE fruit for dessert.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

Had been to Bukhara's a number of times. Tonight they appeared to be short-staffed. Food was good but too long a wait. My wife's appetizer arrived a same time as the entrée. Will give it another chance.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit to Bukhara and I will definitely be back. My husband, son and I took an impromptu turn while strolling in Jamaica Plain and walked in to have a bite. We ordered the lamb dosa, Hakka noodles, gosht curry, potato Parata, mango chutney and chapati. The place was clean with just a hint of music playing in the background so that there could still be conversations occurring while enjoying the meal. I loved everything I sampled! I especially enjoyed the lamb dosa, chapati and chutney. We had two people serve us and they were both great. What was really remarkable was that Amar who had heard me coughing endlessly since I walked in brought me a complimentary blend of ginger and honey tea at the end of the meal to soothe the cough. Totally unexpected but very much appreciated! Five stars for service!

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Bukhara is located in the nice Jamaica Plain neighborhood. The atmosphere is pleasant, the service is courteous, and the food is of excellent quality, in particular the pakoras (fluffy and tasty) and the curries.

1  Thank Jog4fun
Reviewed 1 September 2016

First time in this restaurant. Very friendly and courteous service, great food, quiet and nice setting. Very good, keep it up!

2  Thank Gene L