“Step off the sidewalk, out of Boston into Germany”

Jacob Wirth Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Jacob Wirth Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #459 of 3,393 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: German, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between Washington and Tremont
Description: We are a historic German Beer Hall offering Jacob Wirth's traditional hearty family recipes with all American favorites. We have trivia Monday nights from 5:30pm to 7pm and Piano Sing-A-Long's Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights 8pm-Close.
Reviewed 28 January 2018

You won't believe that you are still in Boston once you step into Jacob Wirth's German restaurant in the heart of downtown Boston. The long bar, the sturdy old tables, the truly atmospheric decor take one back to the Old Country, or maybe Chicago or Philadelphia, but it seems at odds with Boston's traditions. While they have more traditional burgers, wraps, seafood and salads, we came for the Wienerschnitzel, Jagerschnitzel, spaetzel and wurst. Small plates makes it easy to try multiple things, although there was too much on the menu for our single visit. We will return-we missed the saurkraut, Rotkohl, Sauerbraten and wurst. Save room for Apple Struedel for dessert.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

This place is definitely not fancy, but a great place for big beers, good pretzels, and fun times. If you can come on a Friday for the sing alongs with Mel, you will not regret it! He plays the piano, takes requests, and provides every table with a lyric book so you can join in. Definitely an enjoyable, memorable time!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I was excited to try this place, but not impressed. It was a cool atmosphere, the staff was nice, and the wine was good. I got the short ribs ravioli - I liked the ravioli but not the beans on top. I was hoping for more taste. It was also super warm, a bit uncomfortable. It was fine, but I probably wouldn't go back.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

A large space with a beer hall vibe. You can get your bratwurst here (steamed or grilled), weisswurst, sauerkraut and so on. But also Wiener Schnitzel, burgers, etc. Service is fine, but the overall quality was not impressive. Might be fun if your focus is beer.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I can't write with a 5-star because I just don't love German food. BUT...

Man, this place is fun! We stopped in after a show at The Wilbur (very close by!) for some drinks and grabbed an appetizer (that we didn't even need/want but we ordered anyway). Buffalo wings aren't the thing to order at a German restaurant, but they were fine.

You go here (in my opinion) for the atmosphere. FANTASTIC atmosphere! Nothing fancy, not pretentious, people did seem to enjoy their food, and people most definitely were enjoying the atmosphere!

I'm far from a party girl these days, and I’m usually snoozing by this hour, but I’m so glad we went in after the show. The piano music – oh my word. SO MUCH FUN. “Mel” is amazing! The songs are familiar, on key, sung by many, enjoyed by all. It’s really a great place to visit on a Friday night. In fact, probably great every night. Though I can say for sure that Friday nights with Mel are fantastic!

Go! Have fun! Have some food! But definitely go!

Been to Jacob Wirth Restaurant? Share your experiences!