“Southern Flavor”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Neighbourhood: West Roxbury
Neighbourhood: West Roxbury
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Red-Eyed Pig is realy a little hole-in-the-wall place in West Rox with 2 tiny tables loutside and 4 seats inside. It's really a take-out kind of place where the menu is long, the prices are reasonable and the portions large. Three different kinds of barbeque sauce and all the usual suspects in the south on the menu. Meat falls off the bone, brisket is tender and beans and collard greens are authentic. Like any barbeque, everyone has their own flavor preferences and some customers will have to hunt a little harder here than at the big chains around to find food they love.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 3 April 2017

I tried to shake it up and not get their brisket but i shouldn't have been adventurous. My wife and i split burgers and neither really hit the spot. The traditional burger was OK at best while the fancy one was a complete miss. The worst part was the mac n' cheese was overcook and blah.....it didn't really have any flavor. If i go back, i'm sticking with the southern cooking.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 28 February 2017

My family is from TN and this is some of the most authentic BBQ we have found in New England. The meat falls off the bone and my 3 year old daughter devours everything we put in front of her. The food is over the top amazing and makes us feel like we are down south. We will absolutely be adding this to our regular rotation of places to eat in Roslidale and you should too.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 4 February 2017 via mobile

I read reviews on this establishment and decided to try, what a bad decision. I ordered a side of fried chicken (6 pieces), the bill was not cooked, then I tried the cornbread-that was gross- tasted like a thick dried out cake, I got a salad- I'm not sure if they ran out of lettuce but it was mostly cabbage- which goes going bad and finally I got a two meat dinner (beef brisket & pork ribs) and two sides (mac & cheese and potato salad): the beef brisket was the best thing, the pork ribs were not cooked also, that was sooo disappointing, then the mac & cheese was okay but the potato salad was not good at all. I spent enough monies to try this food and was totally disappointed and upset. Such is life...

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Not sure why we never stopped here before. I picked up some take out on the way home from work and it was really good. Surprised that they had seafood and got the shrimp and chips which I really liked. Other dinners included chicken and ribs. There were no complaints and raves for the mashed potatoes and cheesy spinach.
Mason jar deserts were a nice plus

Date of visit: January 2017

Been to Red-Eyed Pig? Share your experiences!