“Best lobster Fra Diavolo in the rough”

The Daily Catch North End
Ranked #78 of 3,586 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$31 - US$41
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: North End
Description: The original location founded in 1973 offers a friendly dining atmosphere. With only twenty seats, you are guranteed fast, effecient service and fresh seafood! This will be an experience to remember. The chalkboard menu features all the classic dishes, in addition to weekly specials! Bring a friend and join the fun!
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

If you don't mind a wait on Hanover st you are in for a real Siciliano experience from the wine in the juice glass to the main course served in the pan it was cooked in.
The food is the real deal and plenty of it
It reminds me of the north end when I was a kid no frills just great food

1  Thank Bonfig

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Prepared with fresh ingredients, small place, great menu. Loved the homemade black pasta made with calamari ink and anchovies a la putanesca. Generous portions, excellent flavor.

1  Thank millie104
Reviewed 26 July 2016

Did you see that? (Yes, I did. The flames in that pan were three feet high!)

The Daily Catch is a small (30 seat) seafood restaurant in Boston's Little Italy. The atmosphere is super casual. The kitchen is right in one corner of the room and you can watch your entire meal being prepared. The chef and his assistant spoke to each other in Italian throughout our visit. The service was fast and friendly.

The food was first rate Italian food prepared with the freshest seafood we had on our trip other than the day we went deep sea fisihing and caught our own!

We shared a fried calamari appetizer which was perfectly breaded, crisp, and not at all chewy as calamari can often be. There was just enough for the two of us. The marinara sauce was a dense, beautifully seasoned pomodoro.

My husband had a half order of squid ink pasta with shrimp and alfredo sauce. Half an order was just enough for a meal. He enjoyed it very much.

I had linguine with shrimp, scallops, and broccoli prepared in a white wine, olive oil, and GARLIC sauce. This dish is definitely NOT for those who are shy about garlic. I'm a garlic lover, so I loved it. The seafood was perfectly cooked. The homemade pasta was al dente as it should be. The broccoli was bright green and just tender. The flavors and textures blended beautifully. The dish came served in the very large skillet it was prepared in and portion was immense.

Two dissapointments of the evening:

1. The parmesan cheese was pre-grated and served in a stongy shaker.

2. I didn't have enough cash with me to order the lobster fra diavlo ($78.00) which I had intended to order.

Special service:

I told the waitress we had a long, bumpy ride home and she packed my take away beautifully for travel. Not a drop was spilled. (Still, everyone on the Hingham ferry could definitely smell the garlic.)

1  Thank Mary M
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

We held a surprise party there on the outside deck for about 40 people and it was very good space, private but open, not sure if it was reasonably priced or not but the food and view were excellent. Service was good, they had a crew. Oddly though, the outdoor bar could serve only fuzed liquor (plus b&w) so we couldn't get a tequila or bourbon etc.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

restaurant is small, you will meet your neighbors. i got a balsamic vinaigrette swordfish at the recommendation of our waiter. i still have sweet dreams about that meal.

1  Thank aurora327

Been to The Daily Catch North End? Share your experiences!