“Great food quality.”
Review of Mamma Maria

Mamma Maria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 3,592 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: North End
Cross street: Prince Street
Transit: T to Haymarket or Government Center.
Reviewed 4 November 2017

This is a very busy place so make a reservation. Worth the money! A little pricey for Italian but definitely worth it.

Date of visit: October 2017
Write a ReviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter, son and adult grandchildren ate here on Oct 28,2017. Our experience was great.
We got lucky and had the little alcove on the second level. We were by ourselves. Waiter was efficient and food was excellent. We had the halibut, rabbit, lamb and mushroom ravioli. It wasn’t the usual Italian restaurant. We enjoyed the food and ambiance. Restaurant was not crowded I guess since our reservation was at 9:30 ... late dining.

Mary Jean walker

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

Ambiance ok but feels crowded and claustrophobic. Lot of small rooms. Server was disengaged and uninterested. Apps were poor. Meatballs were really bad. Fig and prosciutto dish was mediocre. Ossobucco and lobster ravioli was good but a bit too rich and very overpriced.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

Husband chosen Mama Maria for our anniversary dinner based on ratings...but it did not meet our expectations. Although the dining room we were seated in had only one other table with patrons,including a noisy child, we were stuffed into a tiny corner table. The spot was exceptionally cold and when I mentioned this to the waiter he said the air conditioning wasn't on and did not offer us a new table. I actually shivered through the entire dinner. I did not order a cocktail since I was so cold and the waiter kept asking if I was ready for a drink with a smug attitude. The menu was limited and Very pricy. The entrees we had were very good, scallops and mushroom ravioli, but did not make up for the disappointing atmosphere. As the restaurant filled up I could barely hear my husband but could hear every word of our neighbors whose table was less than a foot away from ours...not a romantic atmosphere at all!

There are many other choices in the North End beyond this smug, cramped and overpriced venue!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and atmosphere a must try a busy Friday and we were very fortunate to squeeze in!
It was our 28th wedding anniversary and we could not have picked a better place to celebrate