“Sadly they have closed”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Hereford Street
Transit: Take the green line to Hynes Convention Center/ICA. When you exit the T station take a left onto Massachusetts Ave. Take your first left onto Boylston Street. Cactus Club will be one block down on your left side, on the corner of Boylston and Hereford Street after the fire department and across from Hynes Convention Center.
Reviewed 18 March 2015

Its a bummer they closed but great price and great margaritas! I was there for a birthday party and was able to easily order drinks and find a seat.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My kids (3 of them under age 11) love Mexican food - this restaurant is great. Kids meals are $6 and the size of the meals were plenty for our 11 year old. Great food - has a lot more than the basic Mexican menu !

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I left the hotel and was in the mood for Mexican food so I searched and found this place. I should have kept walking down the street, there were countless other nice ( and crowded) places. When I walked in I should have gotten the clue. There were more employees in this place than customers . Since I was by myself I sat at the bar. The bartender was in the back chatting with fellow employees, it took a few minutes before she realized I was there ( I had no problem with that). She was friendly but to the point , all business. She did offer me a sample of the Summer Ale, which was very nice. I ordered my food and it was just that, food! Nothing to rave about. She spent most of her time in the back and would come out sparingly. When I left, the hostess was gone but there were three other employees standing at the hostess desk and even though I made eye contact , none of them asked how the dinner was or good bye have a food night, NOTHING. They just kept talking amongst themselves. I now know why no one was there. When I come back late this summer with my wife, we will not be going here.

1  Thank fonguy_13
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I don't even know where to start. It begun with phoning to make a reservation - the girl hung up on me mid-sentence, half laughing. Good start. Decided to give it a go anyway as we were with a large group of people and there weren't many budget options. I specifically inquired whether they were up for it. They said yes, so we decided to go.

I too figured that not much could go wrong. Reviews had told me it wasn't great, but ok considering price/quality, and we were with a group of students. However, the thing that had me most was the service. I've worked in restaurants, bars and hospitality, and this is the worst attitude I've seen in a long while. We were stared at, received angry looks, met with huffing and puffing. Drinks were ordered and never arrived (same goes for food). Bill was wrong. Staff unfriendly. And I understand that serving a large group is demanding, but working in such a place, it can be expected. Drinks tasted diluted, food was so-so, depending on what you ordered. I picked a dish with fish and crab, but the sauce was overwhelming. The classic dishes seemed like a safe bet. The portion sizes varied. Also, some of the staff allowed some members of the group to choose the dish of the day, other's were not allowed - strange. To top it off, they did not listen to any complaint, were not forth coming, did not attempt to make us feel welcome or at home and generally gave us the impression that they were happy when we finally left.

I would not recommend eating there with large groups (we were even on a calm Sunday night, only two other tables were occupied!) and will avoid the place next time in Boston. I honestly felt bad for making the reservation and having my friends spend money there.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Nice little cozy place, sometimes has too many college students, sometimes it doesn't. Either way, the blue mayan bowl is the best thing I've ever tasted and it's a great start, middle, and/or end to every night out and the reason I never remember to ask why they have a giant buffalo on their ceiling.