“You can't pay me to go back!”
Review of Cactus Club - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Hereford Street
Transit: Take the green line to Hynes Convention Center/ICA. When you exit the T station take a left onto Massachusetts Ave. Take your first left onto Boylston Street. Cactus Club will be one block down on your left side, on the corner of Boylston and Hereford Street after the fire department and across from Hynes Convention Center.
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Went there for a girls night.. SO MANY THINGS WERE TERRIBLE. 1. called us to say they were going to cancel our reservation for being late, which we could not figure out as we had 1/2 of our party checked in and they were told it was no issue to go hang out at the bar while they waited 2. We were seated 3ft from the bar service area, you could not get a worse table.. There were 4 other tables that could accommodate our group there were empty the ENTIRE time we were there 3. I love a good Margarita, while I will say it was tasty it came in a regular glass strange as its a mexican restaurant but not the end of world. I just personally think if you are Mexican restaurant wide rims glasses are a must so you get the goodness of the salt with each sip! The mixture of salt and cocktail is what makes it good 3. Food was meh. I agree with the other reviewer Taco Bell has tastier food and Idont even eat at Taco Bell - Refried beans were the tastiest thing but be open to the beans being whole 4. ordered a cocktail bowl to share with my friend WORST MISTAKE it was DISGUSTING!!! I I never send back food and especially not drinks as I am usually to shy to say anything but it literally tasted as if they dumped a whole thing of Kool Aid in a pitcher.. (they had no bowls, although they advertise it which again not the end of the world) ..If the pitcher was 7 inches we drank to the 6 inch mark and I told the waiter that as much as it pains me to send back alcohol I could not drink anymore as my tongue was stinging.. Some time later he came back with a tasting straw and TASTED THE DRINK IN FRONT OF US AND MADE A DISGUSTED FACE which he quickly hid but watching him I called him out on it and he make a humorous attempt at covering but he knew it was a TERRIBLE drink.. Why the heck taste the drink in front of the table and then NOT take it off the bill or discount it knowing it was gross ?!?!? 5. I asked for water (frustrated at this point) stating that my tongue was still stinging from Kool-aid and he just put the pitcher on the table without filling the glass. I get its not a 5 star place but all night he was filling our glasses from the pitcher but then he decides not to do it any more. .. The server was friendly - I almost feel bad posting this review because he was pleasant but the service was lacking from everyone! Starting at the front of the house to the lack of concern to customer satisfaction to the meh food, WORST table for A NOT BUSY restaurant.. You could not even comp my meal to get me back in there.

Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Go here for drinks. Food was not good - tasted like microwave food. We had appetizers only. I would come back for drinks only. Good music.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

We went after a baseball game. It had a great vibe, great music and delicious margaritas. We tried the originals, jalapeno and cucumber ones and we loved all of them. We didn't eat, but the food we saw looked good....I'd go again!!

Reviewed 25 July 2013

We first tried the Cactus Club a few years ago when we were visiting Boston. We noticed it was busy and felt like Mexican so we dropped in. We loved it and returned again a week ago when in Boston for a Sox game. There were six of us including two children. We tried the guacamole as an appetizer along with their signature margarita and mojito. Very tasty. For the main course most of us had the enchiladas which were terrific. Food is always good and service is outstanding. The atmosphere is fun and energetic but not over the top. I've never had a chance to personally experience the bar area but it's darker and more like a pub. Prices are reasonable and portion sizes are more than sufficient. Never disappointed and recommend to anyone looking for a good Mexican feast.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Went with a big group of 19 girls for dinner during a bachelorette party. They had a table ready for us, two servers who handled our loud group very well and efficiently. Food wasn’t bad, drinks were okay, atmosphere was just okay. During our time there, an obnoxious guy at the next table was extremely rude and started a fight with our table. (He was very drunk.) The manager promptly removed him and apologized to us. It was handled perfectly. It is a good place to go to grab a beer and Mexican with some friends.