“Very fancy!!!”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$50 - US$80
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I came here for my girlfriends birthday and it was amazing. Very very pricey though, an average price is minimum like 50 dollars per person not including sides or appetizers but the food was very good. Yes the food was great but I don’t know if it was worth that much money. You can honestly go to an outback and have the same food for a fraction of the price. My girlfriend gotten the tenderloins with lobster tail and I have gotten the porterhouse which were delicious. If you have the money definitely stop by because the steak was delicious. They also gave my girlfriend a little birthday dessert that was so cute and tasted good too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,057)

Reviewed 8 January 2018

A group of 10 us went to the Capital Grille on Saturday night. I should have known that it was going to be a sub-par experience when we couldn't check our coats. Going out for an expensive dinner and hanging your coat on the back of your chair is tacky. The service was above average, the atmosphere was nice, the food was low grade dog food. We ordered almost every menu item. We had three seafood towers, the oysters looked like they were opened on Tuesday. The tuna tartare was made when they opened the oysters. When our steaks arrived they were all overcooked. 5 of the 10 were sent back but they all should have been sent back. When you go out with a group the idea is to eat together, when you can't eat together because half the table is waiting for their food, it ruins the night. Bottom line it was a very very expensive ($2,400.00) night for a crappy meal. We should have gone to Grill 23. I'm not going back to the Capital Grille again. But if you love overpriced dog food this is the place for you.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

We were expecting the food to be very good to excellent with some dishes being a WOW. They weren't. The food was good but nothing outstanding. There was nothing special about any of the dishes: mushroom bisque, garlic shrimp, tomahawk veal chop, lamb chops. They were all good but we expected better from this restaurant. The service was good but you'd expect that.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Had a wonderful dinner at Capital Grille on Boylston during the holidays. We did not have a reservation but they were able to seat us, despite a busy night with multiple large parties. Noel was our waiter and he was attentive and friendly. My son ordered the rib eye and said it was the best he's ever had. I enjoyed the clam chowder and it was perfect for a cold Boston night. It's the 3rd time I've eaten at this restaurant and I'd go back in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Having ate in the Capital Grille in NYC twice , we decided to dine here during our trip to Boston and we were not disappointed.
The menu as always is just fantastic. Great variety. The slow roasted chicken was delicious as was the 14oz New York steak. The sides are just scrumptious particularly the mash potatoes. And our host Bleu was such a lady and so helpful. 5 star all around. Bleu you're a gem!!