“Good Italian Meal”

Trattoria Il Panino
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Il Panino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #52 of 3,320 Restaurants in Boston
Cross street: Hanover Street
Transit: Government Center on the Green Line
Description: Traditional casual italian dining
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

My youngest daughter wanted Italian so we made a reservation for 6 at 7.30 on a Monday night. When we got there the restaurant was pretty crowded with people standing in line on the street. They were only seating full parties and since we were missing one we had to wait a little while, finally we got seated and were tended by Michael very ina very friendly kind manner. We ordered meatballs, zucchini flowers and fried calamari for starters all good. As mains dishes we all had different kinds of pasta which were all served in large portions on a special pan. My spaghetti a la vongole was specially good. I recommend eating at this place.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I came here with family for a late lunch. We started with a delicious Caesar salad. For the pastas we had the spicy penne, pesto fettuccine, mushroom ravioli, rigatoni bolognese, they were all decadent dishes! I love how they serve the pasta in a pan with a generous portion. My son had the chicken parmesan, my mom the brick chicken with rapini and my dad had the octopus salad! Everything was honestly very delicious! A very traditional casual Italian restaurant with lots of people. I definitely recommend a reservation. Service was nice and friendly. A very nice find in a great city. It's not a cheap restaurant pasta dishes are 15$ to 25$ but definitely worth a trip.

1  Thank Nancy L
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We tried this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. The lobster ravioli with crab was absolutely delicious. Lasagna and chicken parmigiana were good also. Creme brûlée with berries is good but tastes more like a cheesecake. The only negative is we were seated in the basement. It is very dark and loud which made reading menus and dinner conversations difficult. Ask for a different seating area.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

For the money, I would go somewhere else. Our server was slow to greet us, refill drinks, get cheese, etc. The food was ok, not anything better than I could make at home, and it was over 100 dollars for lunch for 4, which I would expect in Boston, but would have liked a better experience. My husband had the beef lasagna, which was a very small portion. I had the chicken parmigana, and I think i got the best meal of all. One child got the cheese ravioli, and said it was, "ok". And the other daughter got a pasta dish she didn't care for. I felt like the servers were preoocupied with the crowd going by on the street, and weren't really attentive. I think you could do better for the money, but you could also do worse. Perhaps that is why , we got seated with no wait? ;-)

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We've had lunch and dinner here on several occasions. Food is beautifully presented, ample portions, varied and excellent, including shrimp, fresh pasta, chicken and veal dishes seasoned to perfection. Located in the quaint, North End of Boston, Trattoria Il Panino feels like a Roman Trattoria.