“Authentic Italian food in nice area”

Trattoria Il Panino
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Il Panino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #47 of 3,266 Restaurants in Boston
Cross street: Hanover Street
Transit: Government Center on the Green Line
Description: Traditional casual italian dining
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

We tried this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend and we were not disappointed. The lobster ravioli with crab was absolutely delicious. Lasagna and chicken parmigiana were good also. Creme brûlée with berries is good but tastes more like a cheesecake. The only negative is we were seated in the basement. It is very dark and loud which made reading menus and dinner conversations difficult. Ask for a different seating area.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Il Panino

Reviewed 2 August 2017

For the money, I would go somewhere else. Our server was slow to greet us, refill drinks, get cheese, etc. The food was ok, not anything better than I could make at home, and it was over 100 dollars for lunch for 4, which I would expect in Boston, but would have liked a better experience. My husband had the beef lasagna, which was a very small portion. I had the chicken parmigana, and I think i got the best meal of all. One child got the cheese ravioli, and said it was, "ok". And the other daughter got a pasta dish she didn't care for. I felt like the servers were preoocupied with the crowd going by on the street, and weren't really attentive. I think you could do better for the money, but you could also do worse. Perhaps that is why , we got seated with no wait? ;-)

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We've had lunch and dinner here on several occasions. Food is beautifully presented, ample portions, varied and excellent, including shrimp, fresh pasta, chicken and veal dishes seasoned to perfection. Located in the quaint, North End of Boston, Trattoria Il Panino feels like a Roman Trattoria.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

We enjoyed our meal at Trattoria Il Panino. It is good Italian food, not gourmet but still very tasty. We had the Ravioli con Aragosta (Lobster Ravioli) and Gnocchi alla Sorrentina. The pasta in both dishes was obviously fresh, homemade pasta and the sauces were flavorful. The ravioli seemed to be filled only with lobster; some places put a lot of cheese and very little lobster in their lobster ravioli.

In summary, Trattoria Il Panino offers good, southern Italian food at good prices.

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My wife and I live visiting the North End, Boston's little Italy. This is a true old world neighborhood where the vast majority of the residents speak Italian. You can hear there heavy accent when they speak English. The neighborhood looks European with all the buildings being 4-5 stories tall. All the restaurants feature el fresco dining experience by their giant store front windows swing open during summer time.

My wife ordered a pesto pasta that was nothing short of amazing. Her meal was served in a frying pan. Her meal was large and was made with homemade pasta and the freshest pesto ingredients. I ordered a seafood pasta dish that was also made with an amazing fresh el dente pasta in what they called a red red sauce. In actuality it was made with fresh tomatoes and not a canned or boiled down sauce. It had shrimp, calamari, mussels and clams. The mussels and claims were served in the shells. There was a very generous amount of seafood. My meal too was served in a frying pan. We have travel through Italy and our meals here were as good of not better than the pasta meals we eat in Italy.

The only caveat is if your looking for a quiet romantic meal this probably not the place. It was very loud. It has the feel of being in a true Italian home were day to day communication can be very loud. We loved it and would highly recommend Trattoria II Panino! Buon appetito!