“Good for money”

Joe's American Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's American Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Exeter
Transit: Copley and Hynes (green line)
Description: Joe's American Bar & Grill has a new home in Boston's Back Bay. Our new landmark location features a retractable roof in the cafe and upper bar area, a display kitchen, two full bars, and private dining. Joe's is a neighborhood staple for traditional American cuisine. At Joe's, we focus on using the freshest quality ingredients for all our dishes as well as providing a comfortable and fun atmosphere for all our guests. Joe's is a favorite for a casual lunch, a family dinner or a gathering of friends. Enjoy Joe's for lunch, dinner, weekend brunch or take-out. Please know that Joe's American Bar & Grill tries to honor all reservation requests. HOWEVER, THE PATIO IS SEATED ONLY ON A FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS.
Reviewed 1 December 2017

Went with group . Was able to try multiple apps, ordered the clam chowder and fish and chips. The clam chowder was awesome should have got bowl instead of cup, The fish was also good, 1 large piece over fries the slaw was a bit bland. Soso beer selection.

Joe's A, Manager at Joe's American Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I thought my veggie burger was good, my husband said the salad with chicken was okay. It is nice to sit in the front of the building watching people walk down Newbury Street. It does get busy here, so go early or late, not around noon.

We like to sit at the bar but they have two bars. One as your first enter and the other on the way to the restrooms down the stairs.

Thank you for the feedback!

Reviewed 25 November 2017 via mobile

I went here for dinner with a group of colleagues. Even with a group of 8, the service was quite good. I found the chicken sandwich to be a little bland. The fries were good.

Joe's A, Manager at Joe's American Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

We visited American Joe's for lunch. The service was efficient and friendly but the location was pretty standard diner wise. The food was good and well cooked (we had burgers) but nothing spectacular. We not not inclined to use this restaurant for dinner, in the main because there are better locations for an evening out.

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to having you dine with us again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

On our third and final night in Boston, I planned for the most delicious roasted prime rib I had ever tried, it was 20 years ago at Joe’s.
After a sunny fall afternoon in the Boston Public Garden looking for the Ducklings, visiting the galleries and small shops on Newbury Street, Joe’s was the place to have a few local beers and dinner. It seems to me, the place has been renovated, there are tables and a large Bar just close to the sidewalk, with greats view of Prudential Tower, Newbury Street, it’s people and the young New England ambiance. We had Dinner outside, of course I ordered the roasted prime rib, also my Dad and my Brother. It was tender and very tasty, a thick cut with horseradish and flavorful au jus. If my memory doesn’t trick me, I remember a delicious just baked aired bread or biscuit to dip into the au jus, it was not in my plate this time, twenty years later...
To recover from the missing bread, Joe’s surprised us with its signature skillet chocolate chip cookie with vanilla ice cream, decadently warm and full of melted chocolate, cookie dough almost cooking in our mouths, perfectly sweet to share with the entire Family...

Thank you for the wonderful review!