“Beautiful restaurant, excellent food”
Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
Reviewed 12 October 2018

Mistral is a beautiful restaurant with spectacular food. The ambience is lovely, the servers, helpful and professional, and everything that my wife, daughter and I ate was exceptional. Prices are high, but worth the experience.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

We just had dinner at Mistral and everything we ate was delicious. For appetizers, we had the escargot and the mussels. Fantastic! As main course, I had the duck with mushroom risotto and my friend had the sole Meuniere. The slightly sweet duck was perfectly paired with the earthly aroma of the risotto and the sole's subtle flavor was enhanced by a bed of delicious spinach and fingerling potatoes. Overall, a meal to remember!

1  Thank Theo M
Reviewed 2 October 2018

I was the host for a group dinner at Mistral, with a several people I had just met that day and one person I had known for a while. Our group dinner here went deep into the evening with laughter and lots of good food.

It appeared all the guests liked their entrees, which ranged from a (truly impressive) sirloin steak to roast duck. The duck I had was the best duck I've eaten in at least five years...and maybe ever.

If you can do one dish exceptionally well, and do a decent job on everything else, then good for you. Good for you Mistral.

Also, I had a reasonably priced wine (ignoring some very high priced ones on their menu) and it was great. Service was also good and not snobbish.

Worth a return visit.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This place was so perfect! Quite with beautiful decor. My daughter and I shared the mussels—excellent! She had the Duck which was enormous. I had the Dover sole—the best preparation I had ever had—I highly recommend. The bread is wonderful. We left too full for dessert (every other night we split dessert, so that is saying something for my daughter to turn it down). I walked by another table ordering and the waiter said they recommend one appetizer and one main per person—I think that would be too much food!

Reviewed 21 September 2018

This is undoubtedly a very good restaurant, and the service is impeccable. However some dishes were better than others. The mussels we have had for starters were wonderful, while the escargot and beef carpaccio were lackluster. The peppered steak and the lamb entrees were very good, while the duck was a bit too sweet for my taste. The sorbet trio we have had for desert was light and refreshing. Prices are reasonable for a restaurant at this level. All and all a good experience, but not perfect.