“A nice place to celebrate a birthday”
Review of Mistral

Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,434 Restaurants in Boston
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Back Bay
Cross street: between Berkeley & Clarendon
Reviewed 7 December 2017

This is a hip place that appeals to both young and old. It is fancy but not stuffy. We had a party of five celebrating a birthday. There is a large selection to choose from. The appetizers are too little and very pricey for what they are. I don't recommend the cheese platter since it was only a very small sampler. My dinner was PIZZA. It was delicious and quite huge. It could be shared by three average eaters. People in my party ordered fish and chicken and they liked it. The desert was excellent as well.It is a little loud if that's an issue. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

What was once a 5 star restaurant is now average at best. The caliber of the wait staff has slipped. The back up staff was rude & most times vanished .But the biggest disappointment was the food. At one time it was the best of the best, now I wouldn't recommend this restaurant. The prices are now more expensive then NYC. The décor has not changed in 20 years needs a major face lift.

3  Thank _mburt12
Reviewed 29 November 2017 via mobile

We made reservation for Black Friday evening. Among the dishes we ordered , I think the roasted vegetables is the best I ever have. Half duck is okay. I don’t think the service is at the level to match restaurant price, just my opinion.

1  Thank Fei L
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We dined here on a Friday which was a very busy night. The restaurant tables are essentially along a long room with the bar area on your right as you walk down the room. As such the noise level is a bit loud, but we didn't have to really raise our voices to hear each other. The tables are relatively close to each other, but here again we did not get the feeling of intrusion with other tables.
On this busy night it took a few minutes longer than expected to get the service started but after that it all flowed very well. The menu has something for everyone and I had the bay scallops with truffles and the rack of Lamb. Both were done perfectly and absolutely delicious. My wife had the beef tenderloin and the crab ravioli and equally pleased.
They offer some great cocktails and the wine list is extensive and approachable.Service was professional and, given the busy night, they did a great job. Its not cheap. With tax and tip you will be spending 100 per person without drinks. But it is worth the splurge if you love good food.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Mistral is a beautiful and fancy restaurant with good and varied fare. It’s just not the best meal I’ve ever had or the best meal I’ve ever had in Boston.

Try the veggie roti. Peppercorn salmon is also good.

1  Thank Cara C