“Mmmm...Chocolate Bar”
Review of Cafe Fleuri

Cafe Fleuri
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Fleuri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #166 of 3,591 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Congress St.
Transit: Commuter Rail to South Station; or take the 'T': Red & Green Lines to Park Street or Blue & Orange Lines to State Street
Description: Enjoy breakfast or lunch in Café Fleuri featuring Contemporary New England Cuisine. Dine under lofty atrium ceilings for a fresh and light approach to regional favorites with locally-sourced and produced foods in addition to house-made items. Cafe Fleuri, known as a power breakfast destination, includes traditional American dishes, healthy options and signature dishes such as House Smoked Maple Cured Salmon, Grilled Corned Beef Hash and Eggs. Lunch offers a variety of entrees including the Northeast Family Farms Beef Burger, Corn Flour Fried Point Judith Calamari, seasonal Maine lobster salad roll, and a selection of local seafood. Only offered on Saturdays from September through March, the Chocolate Bar is a dessert wonderland with over 100 chocolate delights created by pastry chef, Ryan Pike and his team. City Brunch on Sundays, features a bountiful buffet of seafood, omelets, salads, carving station, kid's station, and a dessert table with selections from the Chocolate Bar.
Reviewed 15 September 2018

My friend and I made a pact that once our children were in school we would take a trip to Boston to go to the Chocolate Bar at the Langham Hotel. About 10 years ago we flew from San Diego to Boston and had the time our lives at the Chocolate Bar. When we saw that the Langham was celebrating the 30th Anniversary of this extraordinary event, we knew it was time to go back.

The Chocolate Bar is really, truly beyond words. There are pastries and truffles, a make your own sundae bar, warm cookies and milk, a crepe station, THREE chocolate fountains and a wall of donuts. Right???

What is impressive about this spread is not just how much is here, it is the QUALITY of what is presented. I bake a great deal and it is very difficult to make that many desserts and make them well. The Langham nails it. My friend and I probably tried about 40 different desserts during our time at the Chocolate Bar and each one of them was amazing. There were a few that missed on execution, but overall, these desserts were phenomenal.

Since this wasn't our first rodeo, we knew how to tackle the Chocolate Bar the right way. Here are three tips:

1. No waist. Wear a dress or a stretchy waist pants. You don't want the restriction :).
2. Tag-team it. You get a plate and fill it and your friend gets a plate and fills it. You then taste everything on both plates - 1 to 2 bites each dessert. Taste them all and go back to the ones you really love and finish them (if you have room).
3. Tea or coffee. I don't like coffee but I know people love to cut the sweet of the desserts with the bitterness of coffee. I got a lovely pot of green tea and sipped on it while sampling the numerous desserts. This helped SOOOO much. Because of the tea, when we were done gorging, I did not feel sick at all.

I can't recommend doing this highly enough. The Chocolate Bar at the Langham Hotel is a memory of a lifetime. I think we need to do it again.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank jennlovesfood

Reviewed 25 June 2018

After many years away I returned to the Cafe Fleuri for a breakfast business meeting. It turned out to be a good decision. The Cafe is nice and quiet for conversation, the food is wonderful and the staff is excellent. They space the tables far enough apart for reasonable privacy. It is in the Langham Hotel and in the middle of the old financial district. A business spot not a family vacation spot.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We have been eating at Care Fleuri once a month for about a year. We find it to be a comfortable and relaxing place for our Sunday Brunch. The food is good and the selection is vast. There are way too many choices to sample all in one sitting.The only thing that I would change is the music. It is not my taste and distracts from the calm mood of the place. Jazz or whatever should be replaced. The service at the table is another weak spot. It depends on who is serving you. Mostly it doesn't exit, but this is a brunch, so all you really need is to get up and select. Goos place for brunch

2  Thank GeneBoston
Reviewed 21 June 2018

We took breakfast here as guests of the Langham Hotel and sadly the service we received on our first visit was less than spectacular; very slow and sporadic on what was a very quiet time in the restaurant. We both ordered the Full Langham Breakfast but were very disappointed in the small size of the portion for the amount of money being asked and had to ask on more than one occasion for specific things that had been forgotten. Our second attempt was much better but a different member of the wait staff was looking after us.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I reviewed Cafe Fleuri's Sunday Brunch several years ago and said it was the best in the city. The opinion holds in 2018. (Though the price, now $75 for adults, is higher). The breadth of offerings ranges from prepared-in-front-of-you sushi to you-name-it-they'll -prepare-it pasta. There's locally sourced meats and cheeses, oysters... it is bountiful, presented beautifully, and great tasting. The service comes from a staff of pros who are easy to engage. This is how to start Sunday in Boston.

Date of visit: May 2018

Been to Cafe Fleuri? Share your experiences!