New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #62 of 82 Hotels in Boston
Marseille, France
“Really comfortable Hotel.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

The staff is really nice.
The rooms are clean and smells so good when you enter.
A lot of towels, something I like.
Such a huuuuge bed (King)!
The fan worked very well.

BUT
The location is pretty bad. You need to walk a bit long to find the T (in the cold, not so nice). And it's next to the Boston Medical Center, so a lot of noise. If you're tired, it won't bother you at all.
And the neighborhood is very poor and creepy sometimes.

Room Tip: I was on the 6th floor, with a view on the street.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SFresh118

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

The Boston Crosstown and the Cambridge Hampton Inns both have buffet breakfast, amazingly comfortable beds and decent prices (in winter anyway), the differences being:

1) Parking is free in Cambridge (one car only, two cars not allowed at all) whereas it is $25 per car (more than one car allowed) in Boston.
2) In Cambridge the parking garage is part of the same building, whereas in Boston you have to walk outside for a minute to get to the hotel entrance.
3) Boston has evening snacks available which in a pinch could even substitute for dinner.
4) Boson has a smallish indoor swimming pool on the top floor.
5) Boston advertises free shuttle to airport and local hospitals.
6) Boston has small screened windows which can be opened to fresh air (and some noise) wheras in Cambridge there is no fresh air option.

Room Tip: Higher up the better. If you get a room facing south, the sirens soon go over to the other side of...
Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank dwarrenty
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2011

Typically stay at this Hampton Inn when the rates are reasonable (especially compared to other hotels in the city); however, this is my last time staying here.

The property, rooms and typical Hampton qualities were all fine. Nothing to write home about but comfort level was there...

The location and service made me not want to return. This hotel is adjacent to Boston Medical Center...I'm not sure if it is a busy season or what but the ambulance/police/fire sirens are non-stop... all through the night/morning. If you need a 5 AM alarm... stay here. Typically I request a high floor but my arrival wasn't until 11 PM and I received a room on the 3rd floor... terrible.

Additionally, the Wireless Internet wasn't working. When I called to ask if they would reset the router they said that it was my computer issue. Next, some random man knocked on my door without my request and offered to help against my protest. His suggestion was to restart the computer (thanks, because I didn't already try that). When that didn't work he gave me a number to call... so I can sit on hold and talk to your service tech. No, thanks.

Never again...

• Stayed November 2011
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Our family of 2 Adults & 2 Children had 2 nights at this Hotel. We arrived around 7.15pm, & were greeted professionally. The room was clean & comfortable, We were very hungry and as we'd missed the complimentary dinner we decided to walk to McDonalds which we could see from the hotel! To be honest it wasn't the safest I've ever felt in a Maccas! I would say this is a good hotel for a short-term stay, and would recommend having the complimentary but basic dinner that the hotel provides.....rather than travelling out to a restaurant! The complimentary breakfast was a bonus as was the free internet acces & free airport shuttle.
The Hotel was a bit noisy with sirens going all night but considering we had booked it from Australia and really didn't know where we should or shouldn't book we weren't disappointed with the location or price! That said though, if we were to return we would probably stay closer to Boston Common! We really only had one full day here.....so we walked the "Freedom Trail".....this was a good way to get the know the city in a short time.....and of course no trip to Boston is complete without a beer in the Cheers Bar!

Room Tip: It may be quieter on a higher floor - might we wise to ask the front desk staff if this is the case.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela D
Windsor, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We enjoyed our stay very much. I was a little skeptical about staying at this hotel after reading some of the reviews that other guests had posted on Trip Advisor but decided to give it a try. I'm so glad I did. Our room was large and very clean. The bedding and pillows were good quality. The staff was wonderful and helped with anything we needed.We were surprised to find that on top of the Hampton Inn free breakfast they offered fare such as tacos compliments of the manager 5:30-7:00pm. Every night they had something different. We would eat a good lunch and then eat what the Hotel was having that night. Complimentary coffee,tea and hot cocoa were available 24hrs a day. The pool is on the top floor and has great views of the city. It was clean with plenty of towels available.Adjacent to the pool is the gym. Also very nice.The rates are very reasonable for Boston. A couple of things I would point out that were not a problem for me. There are people out in the intersections panhandling at different times. 99% of the mororists ignore them. I didn't see them approach pedestrians. Boston is a large city. Caution should always be used in any large city after dark. The ambulance sirens and traffic noises didn't bother me but that's me. I didn't find the location to be a problem. They have a hospital shuttle as well as an airport shuttle running everyday at various times. Different tour companies stop in everyday as well to pick up guests for duck and sight tours. I will be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a junior suite that had a king size bed and a full size couch that pulled out into a be...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family