“So Charming, lovely and peaceful”

The College Club of Boston
Ranked #10 of 39 Boston B&B and Inns
Woodbridge, Virginia
“So Charming, lovely and peaceful”
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I thoughly enjoyed my stay at the College Club! I was visiting my brother in the Boston area who is quite ill, and your lovely and charming B&B allowed me just the peace and quiet I needed at such a time. Additionaly, I thought the decor perfectly kept the charm of old Boston. I had no problem with the shared bath as everything was aways left clean and neat, in fact I didn't even know anyelse had been in it. The 24 hr. coffee?tea was very nice as was the delicious breakfast, and on fine china and real silver! Wonderful! I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We had a great night's stay at the College Club of Boston- the building is beautiful, the room was gorgeous and the decor is really incredible. It had everything we needed, and the location is amazing, it's central to everything you could need, right in the middle of the park and garden, near one of the biggest shopping and dining streets in Boston, and surrounded by historic sights. It's private and romantic, I would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2012

everything was so pretty and cute
i would come here again when i visit Boston
i was very lucky to find a such place.
your money is worth it. maybe more than just worth it
friendly people
the place is quite and have cd player and a couple of CDs.
i cant really explain how good the place is
you can visit and try
you wont regret
just so great

they also have makeup remover tissue, shampoo, and hand/body soap.
cookies and tea, coffee, and hot chocolate

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Its been almost 3 months since my return from Boston, but I cannot stop thinking about my stay at the College Club. It has to be one of my favourite places thus far. I could live here and I would be happy. The location is ideal as its so central, the decor is absolutely amazing and its incredibly clean. I felt like I was at home at the College Club. Its the little things that add the extra element to this place, the books in the rooms, the freshly baked cookies in the dining area, the old feel and look of the place and the fact its nestled between residences, so one feels more like part of the community. There is nothing I could fault about this place and I will be returning. They just need to keep my room vacant when I make my reservation.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Itumeleng
Brighton, Australia
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We chanced upon this as a place tyo stay whilst visiting Boston for 2 days, with our 25 yr old daughter. It was a beautiful, gracious old building, tastefully renovated and offering peace, tranquility and a really great location for all of Boston's many sights! It runs as a B & B, 11 rooms - all doubles have ensuite bathrooms - the singles share a bathroom, one between two. We had a fold away bed for our daughter, in our VERY large double bedroom. We had the front room on the 2nd floor, overlooking Commonwealth Ave and with all the most tasteful of christmas decorations both in the house and out and about in Boston - it was amazing. Entery is by a keypad, which makes access really easy at all times. There are facilities for storing luggage and coats so that after Checkout and before Checkin, there is somewhere to leave all your bits and peices. Also the breakfast room is available for sitting and having a cuppa - day or night or even after checkout. We sat and had a drink and cookie (they are a house specialty, bked daily and freely available 24/7). We arrived into Boston by train from NY and realised that we could alight at Boston, Back Bay Station and easily walk (we only had carryon luggage) the 10n-15mins to the Collage Club, so convenient ( and return the same way). The rooms are very dark and make reading difficult but the very comfy armchairs can be moved toward the window to make this easier. We were very snug ( all the windows have shutters and blinds) - it was minus 4 celsius on our first day!!
Lots of great places to eat in the immediate vicinity - Bistro du Midi, Tico's, Geoffrrey's Cafe to name just a few. We walked the Freedom Trail, took the trolley bus tour and explored Beacon Hill. Its a very classy city. Not time for everything ut would love to have visited Harvard and Fenway Park. iIt leaves something to come back for!

Room Tip: We had a front room and didn't find any traffic issues.