US$398
  • Room Service
US$388
US$358
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$556/night.

US$305
US$281
US$455
US$375
Agoda.com
4,672 results
All reviewseastern standardfenway parkisland creek oyster barkenmore squarefenway roomboston universityfront deskred sox gamejunior suitehouse of bluesroom servicegreen linefavorite hotelwonderful hotelsitting areathe entire staffroom was spacious
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The staff were excellent - Josh on Reception was particularly helpful. And the location just outside Kenmore station was great for access to Boston's sights via the Green Line. But I found the bed - in particular the pillows - lacked support. And the decor in our room was very dated - and the shower over the bath was little more than a dribble. I'm really surprised this is ranked #1 in Boston, if I'm honest.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I landed very early and requested to check-in at 9 a.m., obviously well before check-in time. My room wasn't ready but I was upgraded to an available suite for no additional fee.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The location of this hotel was perfect. It was very close to Newbury Street and also Fenway.
Every employee was friendly and helpful. The upgraded room was very comfortable and clean and had all the amentities one would need. My next stay in Boston will be at the Commonwealth.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Hotel Commonwealth really lived up to all the positive reviews I read before booking. The staff were incredibly accommodating and seemed genuinely friendly. The interior was spotless and appealing. The room was large and generously furnished. I loved the little touches like the leather(esque?) writing surface on the desk, the robe and slippers, the tray with wineglasses and corkscrew, the delicious-smelling toiletries. I got room service and had dry cleaning done and both services were prompt and rewarding. The location is also perfect. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel because it was close to my son's apartment and to the BU Law School, but I did not expect that it would be one of my better hotel experiences. The employees were very service-oriented, and my room was lovely with all the attention to detail that I would find at any high dollar hotel. I mentioned over the phone prior to my visit that I had allergies to dust, and when I checked in I was told that the carpet in my room had been shampooed that morning. Every request was met with a courteous smile. My son met me every morning for breakfast at the restaurant, Eastern Standard, and we ate dinner there one night as well. It was one of our better restaurant experiences in Boston and a favorite of his. The subway station is directly out the front door and taxis are all over the place. I would definitely stay here again. I had not been to Boston in 33 years and the visit was great in every way - the springlike weather helped a lot, too.

Room Tip: The windows are totally sound proof and my room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family