Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel
XV Beacon(Boston)
  • Fitness centre
  • Fitness centre
2,825 results
All reviewswine hourfreedom trailhighball loungewine receptionbeantown pubskyline viewboston commonsyoga matpark stcomplimentary winemini barcupcakestremont streetstate housebeacon hillthe north endboutique hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel has an excellent location. It is located close to tourist places, restaurants, bars, shopping area. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff is just great. In the afternoons are always activities like wine tasting. Overall a very nice stay. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Michal P, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for your outstanding review and feedback, efranken!

Regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have just returned from a wonderful Easter Break at Nine Zero! Everything about the stay was great and we were looked after superbly by all the staff!
Upon arriving close to midnight, due to a late flight in, we were warmly greeted at the hotel and the staff that checked us in swiftly, without asking, ensured that they gave us details of where we could get an evening meal at the late hour. This was truly appreciated after a transatlantic flight!
We loved the décor in the hotel and the room. The room felt very plush, great atmospheric lighting and wonderful views across Boston. All the linen, towels and amenities in the room felt top quality.
We made good use of the evening wine hour and breakfast amenity. All the staff encountered at these times were so friendly & could not do enough for you. The breakfast area was kept very well stocked and was spotless.
Even though the hotel was going through the final stages of a lobby refurbishment, the contractors could not have been more considerate, always stopping as you walked past and keeping the area very clean - can't wait to see the new look when complete!
This was our first stay at a Kimpton property but we'll be back, it exceeded all our expectations! Thank you Kimpton Nine Zero Team!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your fabulous review, e201979!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I agree with everything Azure W below me just said. I had the same exact experience. She wrote my review for me. Creepy decor, broken/crazy elevator, renovation mess and all. I wouldn't stay here again. For the price it was no where near worth it. I do have to say that the room and bed were comfortable and the staff was very nice and helpful but made no apologies for the renovation chaos or elevator. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear joanbreault,

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. As with the prior review, I want to extend my sincerest apologies. There was a brief downtime with our elevator which has now been resolved. Also, our Reception area is not completely open and free of any covering.

We truly hope to have the opportunity to serve again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I want to be fair in saying that the hotel is in the process of refurbishing, so some of the issues I experienced may be a result of that. Still, I can only talk about what I actually experienced at the time, so here goes:

When I entered the hotel from the street, most of the lobby was taped off for refurbishment, but the only desk I saw was unmanned. I asked a passing employee, "Is this the front desk?" He said yes and that the woman behind him would help me. Once she arrived at the desk, the front desk attendant was inattentive, asking me several questions twice.

Once checked in, I walked to the elevator and pressed the button. The button lit up and then went out. This process was repeated several times. After a few minutes wait, the elevator arrived. I stepped in and pressed the button for my floor. The button for my floor, 15, lit up as well as the button for floor 3. The doors opened at floor 3 and no one stepped in or out. The doors closed and the button lit up for floor 6. Again at floor 6 no one entered or exited. This occured every few floors until I arrived at floor 15. I stepped out into the dark hallway and was confronted by a creepy picture of a black bird and a wall plaque that read, "I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind." Groping my way down the dark hallway to my room, I couldn't help but notice that the low lights didn't completely obscure the debris on the carpet. As I entered the room, I first noticed a ghostly shadow of a horse galloping part of the way out of the mirror.

Does this seem like something out of a horror movie? I felt like it was. My brother commented that he wouldn't dare bring his youngest daughter here because she would be scared silly.

I don't want to make it sound as if there is nothing positive. The bed is comfortable, the textures are lush and luxurious, the location is fantastic, the concierge was helpful, and the server at the wine hour was a pure doll of a person. However, I walked down to the Liberty Hotel, which is a converted prison, and found it more inviting than this hotel. Thank you for the lovely amentities (hello, yoga mat and bathrobe!), but I won't be staying in what I called "Hotel Macabre" again. Not unless I feel like having ghostly hoofbeats pushing into my dreams.

Room Tip: Floors 6, 9, 12, & 15 have the creepy bird picture in the hall if you like that kind of thing. The view facing the commons is great!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Azure W

Dear Azure W,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your review. We truly value all feedback, even the not so good kind. It really helps. First, allow me to express my sincerest apologies for any negative impressions you may have gotten. Our team strives to meet and exceed expectations and we regret that the feeling you got was not reflective of what we are known for delivering. Nine Zero is world renowned for exceptional service. We will be sure to share your remarks with our hotel team immediately.

We recognized the error with our elevator and quickly got to work on resolving the issue, sparing no expense nor manpower to ensure a consistent and safe service experience for our guests. We are truly sorry that this briefly unexpected issue occurred during your stay. Our service provider has made the necessary adjustments to ensure that this area is in tiptop shape going forward.

Our new indigenously artistic design palette is at the cutting edge. With sumptuous textures, fine artistry, naturally organic materials, and luxurious touchpoints that reflect a deep connection to our rich Boston history and central location. Did not mean to fright,powerful and inspiring quotes are staged throughout our common areas, which are coupled with uniquely contemporary artwork. We have gotten so many fabulous remarks about our recent transformation and our Reception area was just unveil this week. Sorry that we did not get to see it in person. In addition, based on our guest’s feedback, we have made a significant investment on adding more lumens to some spaces like our corridors and guest rooms.

Again, thank you. Should your travels bring you back to Boston, we hope to have the opportunity to serve you. We’ll be sure to delight.

Michal.penek@ninezerohotel.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only stayed here for one night, but we are definitely coming back! The staff is very friendly and is ready to help you with all of your questions. They have a wine serving in the early evening and a coffee bar in the morning just in front of the reception. The room was clean and very spacious. The location was perfect!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Michal P, General Manager at Kimpton Nine Zero Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Kalamakia,

Thank you very muchfor your recent stay and your fabulous review.

We look forward to being of service again very soon.