“In Search of Great Gnocchi - Boston! ”
Review of Bistro du Midi

Bistro du Midi
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro du Midi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #121 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$30 - US$60
Cuisines: French, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Arlington
Transit: Bistro du Midi sits directly across from Boston's Public Garden half a block from the Arlington T station on the Green Line, on the outskirts of the fabulous Back Bay neighborhood.
Description: With two floors overlooking the Boston Public Gardens, Bistro du Midi is one of the most beloved destinations in the Back Bay of Boston. Offering seasonal al fresco dining and a carefully curated wine list to pair with Executive Chef/Partner Robert Sisca's French cuisine inspired by coastal New England influences.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Bistro du Midi is one of the best French restaurants in Boston. Located directlyacross from Boston Common, the two story restaurant has a bar and more casual dining downstairs and a more formal dining room upstairs. In searching for great gnocchi, French restaurants aren’t an obvious choice. In fact, we dined there since they had commissioned me for the eight large scale photographs of France that adorn the first floor bar and dining room (see alexnyerges.com for more)But luck was on our side for another page in my upcoming book “Gnocchi I’ve Gnown”. The Bistro serves a delicious and visually appealing dish, Beet Gnocchi, with aged goat cheese, ramps, and pine nuts. A modest dish in size but tremendous in taste and texture. The gnocchi are colored delicately a pinkish red from the beets, which makes it as unique as I’ve seen. Served in a long oval dish, the gnocchi is beautifully presented and is an inventive blend of complementary tastes: the ramps and slices of beets added a field-like touch and the pine nuts, crunch. With a glass of Bordeaux, I was instantly transported into gnocchi heaven. The house made pasta was ever so soft, melting away with each forkful. Gnocchi so good, the Italians will be jealous.

Allison C, Manager at Bistro du Midi, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you so much, Alex! Please join us again soon for more Gnocchi and Bordeaux.

Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed our meal in this restaurant overlooking the park. We had main courses and shared a chocolate shuffle which was more than enough for 2. My husband's rib-eye steak was huge and very tasty and cooked as requested. I had monkfish and that too was delicious. Service was attentive but unobtrusive, just what was required. We had a lovely evening and wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Service and food were equally great! Very convenient location in Boston. Reservations are recommended. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 September 2018

Located next to Boston Commons. My husband and I were on vacation. After a full morning of walking we came across this restaurant. Very friendly staff. We had the cheese and meat platter and a salad. That platter was wonderful!! I wish we could have made it back for dinner.

Thank you Marilyn!

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I had watched Executive Chef Robert Sisca win on Beat Bobby Flay, so I knew I had to eat at Bistro du Midi on my visit to Boston. The ambiance is elegant, but not stuffy. We both had the Brandt sirloin, which is essentially a deconstructed beef Wellington, and was excellent. I'd had Brandt beef before, and it's quite simply the best. For dessert, we had the decadent chocolate souffle and a glass of port. Tres magnifique!

Thank you, Heidi! Please join us again if you make it back to Boston.