“Top Notch guide and tour”

PhotoWalks Tours of Boston
PhotoWalks Beacon Hill Tour
Ranked #18 of 153 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore Boston from a different angle! PhotoWalks provides interactive guided walking tours of Boston with photography tips that teach you how to see creatively and capture amazing pictures in less than 2 hours--no matter what camera you have! All ages and skill levels are welcome. And, there's plenty of fascinating commentary of the city's historic sites and iconic landmarks for history and architecture buffs too.
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Saba was great to work with from the beginning of our booking via email up to the end of our time together. We initially thought a Freedom Trail tour would be good as one in our group had not been on it but she suggested the Beacon Hill tour and it was so great. To our great delight we all had the same camera. I did this tour with two of my adult kids and they had such a great time, they went back to the neighborhood the next day and explored some more. Saba is professional, courteous, punctual, knowledgable and a nice person. She is comfortable in conversation and makes learning new things with your camera easy and not intimidating. I had a few more days on my vacation after our photo tour and was able to incorporate her tips in to many of my shots. Do not hesitate to book with Saba. I have done other photo tours in other cities and she is definitely one of the best.

1  Thank Julie D
"freedom trail"
in 24 reviews
"showing how"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 9 reviews
"wonderful guide"
in 4 reviews
"extensive knowledge"

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

My wife and I spent several hours with Saba as she guided us through many historic areas in Boston. First visit was to the Boston Public Library. After that we walked through The Back Bay and Beacon Hill areas....we finished near Faneuil Hall. Total distance walked was 2 miles. This was our fourth time in Boston and we continued to learn more of the history of our great nation from Saba. She showed us interesting places, discussed their significance and then helped with getting that perfect photo. The next time we are in Boston, I will again make reservations with Saba and have her take us on another tour in some other area. She was a most excellent guide in every way.

1  Thank sparklecity2015
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Saba provided a very savvy and well-paced tour. I took the Freedom Trail tour from Park Street Church to Faneuil Hall. She deftly covered the Colonial history along the trail, provided good suggestions for composition of photos, and took us on a fascinating side trip into the Parker House Hotel where we saw the dining table where JFK proposed to Jackie, and learned that both Ho Chi Minh (pastry chef) and Malcolm X (busboy) both worked there at one time -- "Parker House: A Hotbed of Revolution in the City Where One Began!") .

Our tour was geared to casual photographers ... travelers who'd like to up their game with a phone camera or SLR. Saba helps you open your eyes to different perspectives along a tour of buildings, statues and other monuments. Bring your cellphone, pocket camera or SLR .... no need for tripods or big lenses necessarily

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Saba was a good guide who is knowledgeable, friendly and prepared. She gave a lot of history and nice photo tips. I'm glad I did this tour and didn't just walk around on my own.

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 August 2017

We were in town on July 4th. The group was nice a small, allowing for information to be shared easily. We had a lovely walk from Boston Common along the Freedom Trail to Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market area. Learned some history and post visit found out we had some family connection to some of the places visited. Nice tips and suggestions for taking better photos with your camera, be it a cell phone or a digital point and shoot. Wished we were closer to Boston to take other Photo Tours with Saba

2  Thank Redlady62