“Enlightening tour for the history--and photography--buff”

PhotoWalks Tours of Boston
Book In Advance
PhotoWalks Freedom Trail Tour
PhotoWalks Beacon Hill Tour
PhotoWalks Back Bay Tour
Ranked #29 of 146 Tours in Boston
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore Boston from a different angle! PhotoWalks provides interactive guided walking tours of Boston with photography tips that teach you how to see creatively and capture amazing pictures in less than 2 hours--no matter what camera you have! All ages and skill levels are welcome. And, there's plenty of fascinating commentary of the city's historic sites and iconic landmarks for history and architecture buffs too.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Saba provided a very savvy and well-paced tour. I took the Freedom Trail tour from Park Street Church to Faneuil Hall. She deftly covered the Colonial history along the trail, provided good suggestions for composition of photos, and took us on a fascinating side trip into the Parker House Hotel where we saw the dining table where JFK proposed to Jackie, and learned that both Ho Chi Minh (pastry chef) and Malcolm X (busboy) both worked there at one time -- "Parker House: A Hotbed of Revolution in the City Where One Began!") .

Our tour was geared to casual photographers ... travelers who'd like to up their game with a phone camera or SLR. Saba helps you open your eyes to different perspectives along a tour of buildings, statues and other monuments. Bring your cellphone, pocket camera or SLR .... no need for tripods or big lenses necessarily

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Saba was a good guide who is knowledgeable, friendly and prepared. She gave a lot of history and nice photo tips. I'm glad I did this tour and didn't just walk around on my own.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We were in town on July 4th. The group was nice a small, allowing for information to be shared easily. We had a lovely walk from Boston Common along the Freedom Trail to Faneuil Hall / Quincy Market area. Learned some history and post visit found out we had some family connection to some of the places visited. Nice tips and suggestions for taking better photos with your camera, be it a cell phone or a digital point and shoot. Wished we were closer to Boston to take other Photo Tours with Saba

2  Thank Redlady62
Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I took the Beacon Hill Tour.
I had the chance to be the only participent.
The person making the tour was really nice. She new a lot of details and stories about Beacon Hill.
It was really interesting to get advices for the places to take the pictures and some tricks , like reflections in the windows, ...
I think I would not have enjoyed that place as much if I hadn't been as well guided.

This type of tour is an original way to discover a place.

I recommend it!

1  Thank Simon B
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Saba gave us a great insider's tour of Boston (who lives where, the history of buildings, what homes sold for) along with great photography advice. Even with my iPhone, my pics came out great!

1  Thank Mike_Coffey