“Consistently good”

Petit Robert Bistro Columbus Avenue
Reserve with OpenTable
Petit Robert Bistro Columbus Avenue is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #129 of 3,426 Restaurants in Boston
Neighbourhood: South End
Cross street: W. Newton Street
Transit: Back Bay station
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Dined with friends recently and as always the food was great...we had escargot, onion soup, salmon, beef bourguignon and all was very good...and good value. We will be back

Reviewed 22 January 2017

We had an enjoyable early dinner here with friends. The service was top notch which made for a good experience. A very small space but didn't feel like we were on top of other diners. The food was very good, everyone enjoyed their meals. The specials of the night were a hit. My friend got the last trout dinner which he said was outstanding! My husband got the venison special which he felt was a unique opportunity to try something new and he was very glad he did. I ordered the chicken dinner, just okay in my book nothing special something I could have made at home, wish I had gotten something different. The appetizers of escargot and the pates maison were very good. We all did enjoy dessert since it was my friends birthday. Desserts were outstanding! The bread pudding was the best my husband has ever had he said. The restaurant also put a candle on the profiteroles for my girlfriends birthday which was a nice touch. A very nice relaxing and enjoyable evening.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

This cozy little restaurant is an absolute gem! We went here for our 25th anniversary dinner and it more than lived up to our expectations. The food was beyond amazing. Every single thing was lovingly prepared, beautifully plated, and mouth-wateringly delicious. The portions were generous and the prices were reasonable. The ambiance was comfortable and friendly. The service was impeccable. Our server made excellent recommendations and was particularly helpful in that he advised us regarding safe options to avoid my husband's nut allergy. One thing that surprised and pleased us is that they FILL the wine glass. No 6 oz. pour for these folks. We enjoyed everything about our experience and will definitely return.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

We dined here with another couple, and the male has spent considerable time in France. He ordered the beef bourguignon and said the sauce was not good. I ordered the lamb rack cooked medium and it arrived medium well to almost well done. I don't mind my meat well cooked so that was fine, but most other people would have had to send it back.

Our two female companions both had the scallops with risotto. The scallops were fine, but the risotto was too thick. The crème brulee desserts were fine as was the apple tart and the molten chocolate cake that I had.

To us what also detracted from the restaurant was the host was dressed in jeans and a plaid shirt. He was very friendly and inviting, but his dress was more appropriate for a diner than a French restaurant. Our waiter was also a little less than pleasant. There was nothing rude, but he just wasn't as accommodating as one might expect in a nice restaurant.

Nothing terrible about the place to be sure, but we wouldn't return.

Reviewed 29 December 2016

My husband and I enjoyed this restaurant. It was walking distance from our hotel in Copley Square, the food was very tasty, and the atmosphere was comfortable. It was a cozy restaurant on a cold day. We will definitely return.