All reviews olive garden andrew station free breakfast subway station shuttle service minute walk airport shuttle the hotel offers clean hotel decent hotel booked this hotel stayed here for one night beds were comfortable convention center public transportation freedom trail hie
Reviewed 11 July 2016

I know there are a load of hotels in Boston including some great values within the city. However, I have been burned before with a great reservation price ruined with the addition of $30 to $50 for parking! Beware of that in ALL major cities. I filtered by "breakfast included" and "free parking" in tripadvisor and found this HI Express and I'm so glad I did! The front desk staff were warm and friendly, the room was spacious and clean, the breakfast was better than most places we've stayed. The hotel was in south Boston in a pretty industrial, no frills area. Don't expect to be thrilled by the location when you pull up. But with the amount of time we spent there--shower, sleep, eat breakfast--it was perfect! The beds and pillows are comfortable, the air conditioner worked really well, the floor was quiet, the public areas were clean and pleasant. I don't really know what else to say except stay here if you're ever visiting Boston--you won't regret it! We were in town for college visits and some touring so we loved it.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank shannon_b21
Wagner Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Hello shannon_b21,

Thank you very much for the nice review. All the best.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

This was a very good option for a family/group who plans not pop in and out of their accommodations many times a day. It is fairly clean and pleasant and has a great complimentary breakfast. This property offers free parking which is major in a big city like Boston . The hotel offers a convenient shuttle the T. The T is just two stops from the heart of the Freedom Trail. Me and my family enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and made our way out for the day, we did not return to later at night after we enjoyed a nice dinner in Boston's Little Italy. From there we took a LYFT car back to the hotel. It was a good experience and I would recommend to anyone visiting Boston on a budget.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank 732dianner
Wagner Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2016

Hello 732dianner,

Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 10 July 2016

This hotel was great! Awesome location, just a 5 minute walk from Andrew Station on the red line. Free breakfast and free fresh baked cookies at 6pm. Also, a shuttle going to Andrew station every half hour for free as well as the airport for only $5. The room wasn't fancy but for Boston great value for money. Plus, the hotel staff were very friendly and accommodating. Would totally recommend for budget travellers visiting Boston.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 452april77

Hello 452april77,

All the best,

Reviewed 7 July 2016

We are not from the NE, but simply wanted to get out of the city enough, where cost would not be ridiculous, and we would not have our own vehicle, so I wanted a place close to the subway.
I saw in some other reviews that the Andrew subway stop was close and it is, however, there are definitely some shady characters that you will pass between the hotel and the subway. I realize it is Boston and they tend to use the F word for everything, but when children are present, screaming at you, is completely obnoxious, there were a couple of these guys on the way to the subway station.
The hotel itself was fine. I had read some reviews of really small rooms, I was really pleased, our room was large. I couldn't believe it until I checked the map on the back of the door, and for whatever reason, we had the biggest room on the floor, not even close (303).
Continental breakfast, good and well stocked! Always fresh water, hot tea, and hot chocolate. Cookies at 6pm. Fitness center had nice working equipment.
Also, they did offer a shuttle to the airport, every 30 minutes, which was nice.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Fayettenam

Hello Fayettenam,

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We are gold elite club members of Holiday inn express, have stayed in many all over the United States. My husband is a 25 year disabled army veteran. Always we are given the military//government rate for our room. I called Holiday Inn Express , 5247 S General Bruce Drive, Temple, TX to book a room for 2 nights. We were told we could not get the room for that rate because only servicemen with orders get that rate. Even though my husband gave 25 years of his life, fought for our freedom, was injured and still pays the price...he did not qualify. I told them we had never had that happen in all our travels. The MANAGER told me sorry, individually owned each one, choice of the owner. Could not make an exception. I told him he was dis honoring a man who fought in Vietnam and other places including desert storm and was disabled for it. Attitude was so not caring....I called the next available Holiday Inn, on Gateway , Killeen, Tx. They immediately said of course they give the discount. Told them my experience, they apologized to me for the other place! Said that was disgraceful! Just want to let you disabled American vets know not to go to the one that dis honors you, again. And by the way, he had an accent...make your own conclusions about that..

Room Tip: Don't stay here, temple, tx.... dis honors veterans
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Wagner Q, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Hello Connie S,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at the Holiday Inn Express , 5247 S General Bruce Drive, Temple, TX. look like your review was posted on the Holiday Inn Express Boston Tripadvisor site.

All the best,