“A great location for a celebration”

La Casa de Pedro Tapas & Ceviche bar
Ranked #834 of 3,585 Restaurants in Boston
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Neighbourhood: Seaport District / South Boston Waterfront
Reviewed 26 November 2017

A few weeks ago I enjoyed appetizers and cocktails at La Casa De Pedro and promised I would be back would to explore their broader menu and write a review. Well, I am a woman of my word so here goes.

I had dined at La Casa De Pedro in Watertown many many years ago not long after I first moved to Boston and always had fond memories of this welcoming and warm restaurant. Later last year I was excited about its second location opening up near my home and work in the now hugely vibrant dining scene of Seaport.

The Seaport location is much larger with a huge bar, dining room and outside seating. A delivery truck is featured in the center as you walk into the restaurant making you feel like you are in a small South American village. Once again it was a beautiful late afternoon and early evening. Knowing cooler weather is always on the way in Boston, the beautiful late afternoon/early evening begged al fresco dining for me and my friends.

The menu features a great list of ceviche, tapas and tacos and larger portion entrées. Before our small plate dining extravaganza we sipped on Mojitos, Margaritas, Beers and of course for me a crisp, dry glass of Rosé and just soaked in the Boston weather.

Given how much we loved the fried yuca last time, we ordered a few portions of these irresistibly crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside bites.

Nothing wrong with fried cheese wrapped in a flaky puff pastry dipped in a citrusy guava sauce.

A favorite bite for me and actually our whole table was the Reina Pepiada Arepa, shredded chicken with creamy avocado in a little corn pancake sandwich. We had to order more of these!

In addition to the chicken and avocado we ordered the cheese Arepa oozing with gooey, warm Venezuelan cheese.

Black bean and cheese empanadas with a side of fresh salsa proved to be a table favorite with its creamy hot dip.

Sweet fried plantains were snacked on in between dishes.

And stringy crispy onion rings with fresh limes giving them an enhanced citrus taste.

The tuna ceviche was hands down my favorite dish of the day with its super fresh tuna in salty soy sauce with sweet tomatoes. Piled onto crispy plantains (Tajada) made it something extra special.

Our early evening finished with Sunday Funday banter and ignoring the fact that we all had work the next day.

La Casa De Pedro is a great location for large groups of friends to hang out, a family dinner to enjoy while someone else cooks for you or a date night where you can share a selection of small plates to nibble on. Great new location in Seaport.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived on a slow Tuesday night and were warmly greeted and seated. Be sure to have a margarita as they are fabulous. We sampled the grilled cheese and the ribs tapas and thoroughly enjoyed them. Pedro’s seafood paella was over the top delicious. There is also a very nice selection of Spanish and South American wines on the wine list to compliment any meal. We’ll be back!

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had a great time with the staff from the entrance, to the cocktails at the bar, to our waiter. I felt that the food was lacking though. Tapas are my favorite choice of restaurant when I travel and we decided to try this one. Originally we were headed to their Watertown location, but one of our team got reservations here as it was more convenient to their location. We had about 5 plates between us and some wine. The ceviche mix was OK. I expected more flavor from the Arapas. The bill was not expensive, but there was a missing factor that would stop us from coming back again. That said, the place was full, and plenty people seemed to be enjoying themselves. Just not us this time.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend took me here to celebrate my birthday and this place was amazing! The ambiance, the service, the food was all impeccable! The smells and the flavors were absolutely wonderful.
The owner/ chef came by and asked how we were and and how our food was which added to the experience. When I got my birthday dessert Pedro came back and wished me a happy birthday and took pictures with us.
This was some of the best mofongo, flan and tres leche I’ve ever had.
Can’t wait to visit again

Reviewed 15 September 2017

We love Casa de Pedro. Drinks are very good. The tapas are tasty and different. Main course selection fabulous. Service is excellent. Servers helped up make food selection with great choices.