All reviews bar boulud boylston street four seasons house car room service luxury hotel steam room walk in closet rain shower in room dining prudential center concierge staff perfect hotel newbury st beautiful room location is great spa
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Definitely one of the best hotels we stayed at.

The room was large with a great bathroom.

The service is really high-level, and the concierge team deserve real thanks for the kindness, helpfulness and availablity.

We were disappointed that husband and wife could not go to the spa together, while it was not so clearly document. Still, the spa and treatments were great.

The only minus will go to the Bar Boulud. Having breakfast there was rather cold and unpleasant, so we decided to have breakfast in the room, to have more choice and a better service.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dimitris462
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear dimitris462,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay here at Mandarin Oriental, Boston.

While I am happy to know that we succeeded to delight you on a number of levels, I was most concerned to learn that you were unhappy with your experience at Bar Boulud. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointment and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your comments in more detail. If you would like to, kindly reach out to me directly at PhilippK@mohg.com

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon, thereby giving us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I have already reviewed a previous stay at this hotel. This time could stay longer and could enjoy:
- great rooms, unrivalled compared to other Boston 5*
- great facilities, includin a fairly good spa
- most importantly, THE MOST AMAZING PERSONNEL!! They go beyond professionalism: they are truly thoughtful and warm, from reception, to concierge, doorman, housekeeping!!! You guys deserve a praise and a raise!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank anonimobelga

Dear anonimobelga,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to learn that we were able to deliver the level of service one would expect from us here at Mandarin Oriental, Boston.

Your kind compliments on the quality of our guestrooms, our Spa, as well as our wonderful colleagues are appreciated and encouraging. I will make sure to relay your kind remarks to the team.

We look forward welcoming you again to the hotel in the near future and please feel free to contact me at any time, should I ever be able to assist you.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I had a luxurious night with my wife for our anniversary. What sets this place apart is the staff. I arrived and was greeted by JB as I stepped out of my car. This guy was amazing! I have never received service at the front of a hotel like this before. I expected it to be good because of the reputation of the mandarin, but this guy was unbelievable! By the time he helped my check in to my room, and got my bags upstairs, he had a bunch of great recommendations for things we should do, and was even sly enough to give me a couple tips on things to treat the wife to around the hotel without her noticing. She thought I planned it all myself! Brett behind the front desk was also great to us, and when we checked out, Alex was a huge help. I've honestly never had front desk and door service this good at any hotel I've been to...ever. It was good enough that I actually remembered their names!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tb1230
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear tb1230,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor with us and I was delighted to learn that you had a memorable experience during your stay with us. Your kind compliments on the overall quality of service are very encouraging and much appreciated by the entire team. I will be sure to convey your remarks to JB, Brett and Alex, as well as the rest of the team.

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and please let me know should I ever be able to assist you.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

This a favourite for travellers who appreciate a great hotel. The location is perfect, near restaurants, shopping, walking, you name it. The breakfast is exceptional. The staff makes you feel like they know you and are thrilled to welcome you. The GM brings his two small golden retrievers, both born in Asia, they sleep at the doors and come to you if you call them. The lobby bar is a lovely area to lounge. Comfortable rooms and full blackout on the windows, always and asset. Best of Boston.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank KathrynEWilson

Dear KathrynEWilson,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! I was delighted to learn that we were able to deliver the level of service one would expect from us here Mandarin Oriental, Boston. Your kind compliments on the overall service quality, our Food and Beverage offerings, as well as the comfort of our guest rooms is very much appreciated and encouraging.

We look forward welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future and please feel free to contact me at any time, should I ever be able to assist you.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Everything at the Mandarin Oriental is first class but the best thing about it is the wonderful, incredibly friendly and helpful staff! From check in, to valet service, to my personal favorite, the concierge staff, to room service, the work out facility, the amazing spa...it is all perfect. The ambience is peaceful and calming and offers a great respite after a busy day out in Boston. Our family has stayed there many, many times over the last 8 years and have never been disappointed. Have tried other luxury hotels in Boston, (Boston Harbor, Four Seasons, Ritz Carlton, The Liberty and none of them measure up!
We have had great romantic get-always as well as family vacations there and it is perfect every time. Whatever one needs, there is a staff member at the MO always ready to serve!

Room Tip: We like the suites, espially the corner suites but every room is nice
Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan L
MOBostonResponse, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Dear Susan L,

Your kind compliments on the overall service quality, our food and beverage offerings, the Spa, as well as our wonderful colleagues are very much appreciated and encouraging.