“Just.... meh” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Long Island City, New York
“Just.... meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

Stayed here for a couple of nights recently and it left literally no impression on us. The rooms are fine, the location is pretty good, but overall, there was nothing worth coming back for.

The decor in the common areas hasn't been updated (even though it seems that the individual rooms have been). And the front desk service was fine, but nobody went out of the way to make the experience anything but an average stay at a generic city hotel.

The room service food is pretty bland and the selection isn't great, but again, not awful, just not amazing either. Overall if you need a place to stay in Boston that's inoffensive, not super cheap, but not badly located... this is in your sweet spot... Anything else, look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AbsolutelyNoBorders
Charles F, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Boston! We are very sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We strive on providing exceptional customer service to each and every guest. I apologize that you didnt feel that our staff went above & beyond to make you feel welcome with us; if you could please contact me directly at qualitybosto@hyatt.com.
As for the for common areas; we are currently in process of completing 3 renovation phases that include our lobby areas, meeting rooms & Avenue One. On your next return trip to Boston, I am sure you will love the new look of the hotel.
On behalf of the hotel management, we appreciate your overall comments regarding the service received and the quality of the food. We are currently reviewing your comments as a management team to improve the overall guest experience at the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (396)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

When we got to the hotel, we were thoroughly disappointed to find the pool was out of service. The rudely clerk responded it was posted on the Hyatt website; I then told her I had booked through Expedia, and she said it was posted on their site also. It was not. The clerk then said we could swim at another hotel--a car ride away! We went to the other hotel to swim, only to find the pool heater there broken.

I had asked if there would be any compensation at the Hyatt, like free breakfast, but they said no, that the ability to swim at the other hotel was the compensation.

The bathroom was also in great need of repair. The walls are paper thin; we heard every sound from the very active couple next door. If you use the refrigerator, you must pay a $25 cleaning charge.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Kathleen R
We appreciate you sharing these details about your recent experience at the Hyatt Regency Boston. I do apologize for your interaction with the Front Desk Agent in regards to the pool. This is not how we treat our guests and I will review this with my Front Office team. Our pool is undergoing a renovation and we made arrangements for guests to use the pool at a nearby property. We did post this on our website so that guests are aware prior to arrival. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at qualitybosto@hyatt.com. We look forward to welcoming you soon with an updated indoor pool for you to enjoy!
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

This post is long overdue. I travel to Boston frequently for work, and the Hyatt Regency in Boston is always my hotel preference. The Hyatt is a beautiful hotel that offers great value and incredible service. Every time I come back to the hotel, the staff remembers my name. The rooms are very spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet is fantastic. Great gym, great pool. Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel for travel or leisure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Boston. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

Over the past 8 months I have stayed at the Hyatt on Avenue De Lafayette an average of 5 nights per week. When I arrive at the hotel I am always greeted with warm friendly smiles and wonderful customer service. The staff's service allows me to free myself from worrying about my room, my food, my dry cleaning or when I am going to exercise and allows me to concentrate on the reason I am in Boston in the first place: work.

While I have never stayed at the hotel for pleasure, I constantly see tourists both American and Foreign wandering out of the hotel and into the heart of downtown Boston. The one time I did use the concierge for directions (to what other than Fenway Park) they not only took the time to detail the different options to get there (take the T or jump in a Cab) but also recommended a wonderful restaurant in the Fenway district for after the game.

While I don't frequent Boston quite as much as I used to I will always stay at this property; the staff earned my business.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Monique T, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Boston, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for the five star review and we hope to see you again soon!
Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

5 star hotel friendlly staff....in the center of downtown

Room Tip: ask for top floor and water view