“Stunning View!”

Ranked #53 of 83 Hotels in Boston
West Tisbury, MA
“Stunning View!”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

A corner room, the 20th floor, wrap-around windows, a corner office at last! The view at night was so stunning that I slept with the curtains open all night just so that I could wake up, lift my head from the pillow and view the lights of the city spread out below me.
The room was immaculate, and well arranged with the desk in front of the huge windows. No tub but a large walk-in shower with dual heads. Walk to Prudential Center shopping, the Convention Center, Boston Public Library, Newbury Street shopping. Nice little Thai/Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Basil, a five minute walk.
The only downers - no free wi-fi, expensive parking. (Hint: park across the street in a small, pay parking lot and save $12.)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank davidandlynne
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were pleased with the appearance of your guest suite, particularly the views – the Downtown Boston skyline is truly magical at night! I understand that parking and internet charges were somewhat of a concern and while we do charge for these amenities we try to ensure that our rates are competitive and in line with the rest of the marketplace. I hope that next time you are in the Boston area you will come back and visit us.

Hilton Boston Back Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Kendal, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I had asked for a high floor, but the best I could achieve was 9. From here I could here the noise of the trains, not sure if it was overground or the underground, but it was regular. It wasn't loud, not so bad as too disturb sleep but it was there. For some reason it seemed noisier in the bathroom. If you placed your hand on the window sill you could actually feel the vibration. My wife couldn't as it was very faint, so it wasn't a problem, just interesting. The beds were not as comfotable as most Hiltons we have stayed in. They were getting quite dated. There was a single dressing-gown in the wardrobe. How odd.
The same happened here as it did in Montrea - See that review - when I asked to borrow two plates I was sent to ask in the restaurant. Not very impressed.
We stayed here for the location. Most hotels in Boston seem very expensive compared with other US cities and towns, and the quality is lacking as well. In fact accommodation is so expensive, we had a week in Cape Cod and just 3 days in Boston. Not our original plan.

Room Tip: Ask for a very high floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank shawchessplayer
Dominique M, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at the Hilton Boston Back Bay. We always appreciate hearing from our Guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that the noise was an issue during your stay and while we do not usually have many complaints about the train noise we regret that it was disruptive to you during your stay with us. If your travels bring you back to the area again we would appreciate an opportunity to be your hotel of choice again. Please contact me directly when your travel arrangements are made and I will ensure that we accommodate you in a room that is away from any noise and disturbances.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I will have to agree w/climax they do seem to have the best prices for the hotel hilton back bay ,,I did alot of home work and they did come up with the best price...........lucky for me

Room Tip: Geat Hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
64 Thank bos2nm
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you for your review. We try to stay competitive our surpass our competition in terms of price, service and amenities. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, we hope to welcome you back upon your next trip to Boston.

Epsom, Surrey
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Have just returned from a long weekend in Boston at this hotel to celebrate my husband's birthday.

The hotel is in a perfect location to see all the sights of this wonderful city. We bought a 3 day pass with the Super Tours trolley bus company for 38 dollars. This was excellent value especially as there is a bus stop just across the street from the Hilton. This also included a Duck Splash in Boston harbour - great fun! We also walked to several places - there is a great bar called "Sevens" at Beacon Hill - and loads of nail parlours - so much cheaper than England!

We stayed on the 6th floor - ok so there was no view but we were not there for that. The beds were comfortable and the room clean with tea and coffe making facilities. We swam in the pool every morning before breakfast and then went in the hot tub - perfect way to start the day. The gym looked good too and the changing rooms were well equipped. We checked our e mails every day on the pcs in the lobby and never had a problem with this as there were 5 computers for the use of guests.The staff were polite and friendly.

All in all a wonderful break - we will definitely be back some time in the future!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
15 Thank MinxiMC
HiltonBostonBackBay, General Manager at Hilton Boston Back Bay, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our that you had a wonderful weekend celebrating your husband's birthday. I am delighted that you found the amenities and location of our property to your liking. Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Staff: This Hilton definitely has one of the nicest staff I have enountered. They will go out of their way to make you happy. This includes the restaurant staff.

Restaurant: Amazing food. Yes, pricey breakfast buffet with not alot ot choose from, but worked for me.

Clean: the hallways and elevator neede cleaning. The room was clean, but not great. I am extremely picky.. so take that for what it is worth. It was not horrible, and I would stay at this hotel again.

Beds: Not the best. They are okay, but could use with the current Hilton upgrade other hotels are getting.

Transportation: Call for a taxi first or your will have to walk to the Sheraton across a busy street to catch taxis.

All said.. a very convenient hotel. Wonderful restaurant, starbucks service, staff... better then most of the other hotels in Boston.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
8 Thank na n
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will let our team know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality, so I apologize the cleanliness in the hallways and guest room were not up to your standards. The upkeep of our property is something we take great pride in so I will address this matter with our housekeeping team. Once again, thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Boston.