“Nice little cafe with friendly service”
Review of Appleton Bakery

Appleton Bakery
Ranked #45 of 153 Bakeries in Boston
Neighbourhood: South End
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 2 July 2018

We enjoyed the muffins/croissants and coffee we got from this little corner cafe. The barista was very friendly and great at answering our questions about the food.
The ambiance was a cozy cafe with a few outdoor tables as well.
Just heads-up that if you're looking for more of a sit-down brunch, the options are fairly limited.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

This corner cafe is
Soo this refined, intelligent neighborhood
The finely guiding damsel taking my order added just the right spice even before the sandwich was made
The cozy outdoor table could easily have been in Paris
This made a classic snack visit!

1  Thank insider
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I have visited Appleton Café many times over the 5+ years since I have lived in the South End, and I have loved both the ambiance and the food on each and every occasion. That is until now. Appleton has gone notably downhill since the last time I visited. I ordered the Chacarero sandwich, which was served cool, with poor quality chicken, only a few green beans, and little to no spice (despite asking for extra).

Overall, a disappointing experience. Get it together Appleton.

Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

I am an Appleton resident and I love this place. Their food is clean, the place is neat and people are great. Keep up good work.

Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I've been here a couple times, both times I wondered how it could take so long to assemble a sandwich when there's barely any customers. Everything is pre-cooked and that's probably why the chicken is so dry. Local pizza shops in the area will cook it fresh and get it to you faster. With all that said, the plus is that the atmosphere is sophisticated so you might enjoy that. I feel bad for the people assembling sandwiches, they are constantly yelling out the ingredients to each other because they have no idea what goes in each sandwich. I strongly suggest to the owner to help these guys out so you can in turn help your customers. Put a guide up on the wall I stead of making them have to figure it out. Your menu is complicated, it should't be that for your kitchen staff. This place has potential if they can correct some of these things.

My price was $17.98 with tax for two sandwiches, no drinks. Only ate half.

Been to Appleton Bakery? Share your experiences!