“Neighborhood sweets, bakery , breakfast cafe”
Review of Appleton Bakery

Appleton Bakery
Ranked #43 of 151 Bakeries in Boston
Neighbourhood: South End
Neighbourhood: South End
Reviewed 15 December 2015

Very friendly neighborhood bakery serving breakfast pastries and sandwiches or burritos for breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 24 October 2015

I love the food at Appleton. The sandwiches are great! Unfortunately, the service is always slow. And...if you go later in the day, they run out of things. I'll keep going back, but it would great to see them improve the service (meaning how quickly the food is prepared, people are friendly).

Reviewed 17 September 2015

We are staying within half a block of this cafe so after reading the fantastic reviews, we had to go there. Perhaps the previous reviews led to unrealistic expectations but I was really disappointed. Yes, the coffee was excellent, as was the service and the ambiance was most pleasant. But, the berry bread pudding was not good (tasteless, day old hardened goo) and the French toast was just okay.
We will give it another try because some of the other dishes I observed did look good and the coffee was worth the return trip.

Reviewed 14 August 2015

I'm not usually a fan of French toast but I'm glad I chose it for breakfast at the Appleton Cafe - it was absolutely delicious. We loved this friendly, modern little cafe on a leafy street corner with big windows letting in sunshine and light, and a cute shaded outdoor area. I am heading back for an omelette after seeing one delivered to a man sitting at the other end of our long table. Delicious.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Great neighborhood cafe and bakery with above average sandwiches. Try the breakfast burrito, massive and well worth the money, and they serve some of the best french toast around. I recently tried the cuban sandwich, a seasonal special on the summer menu, and it is absolutely outstanding.