“Best Pork Buns on Earth: Pineapple Buns”

Red Ginger DimSum & Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Ginger DimSum & Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 840 Restaurants in Asheville
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Description: Located in Downtown Asheville, Red Ginger is an authentic Chinese dimsum and tapas bar from the esteemed Chef Tai Tsi Lam and Hao Jiang. Red Ginger's constant goal is to deliver traditional, healthful, and elegant Chinese-style tapas and dim sum to our vibrant mountain community, providing customers with the most authentic and fulfilling dining experience possible. In contrast to the more traditional dim sum experience, wherein guests choose dishes from a rolling cart, Red Ginger embraces a dynamic and interactive dining experience: our open kitchen allows you to truly become a part of the experience that is dim sum, giving you an inside look into the artistry of our seasoned chefs. All dishes consist solely of freshly prepared ingredients, transported directly from local farms straight to your table! And we take it one step further - our extensive and delicious assortment of wines are carefully and lovingly cultivated from our own local vineyard, delivering the highest quality in taste and experience to our valued customers.
Reviewed 30 October 2017

We had an incredible meal here! I don't mean to be totally dramatic, but the pineapple buns may literally be the best food I've ever had. I'm a sucker for Asian carbs, but these are seriously amazing. Sweet on the outside, but savory pork inside. I'm actually getting really antsy right now writing this and thinking "WHY BOTHER" because I'd rather eat this food than write about it... UGH. Regardless, the greatness did not stop at those pineapple buns (but that alone would have warranted 5 stars) because the soup dumplings/xiaolongbao we had were better than Din Tai Fung. Seriously excellent. Another favorite was the black truffle Shu Mai which even my husband loved despite not being a fan of truffle. Wouldn't hesitate to dine here again.. may even consider a trip back to hike in Pisgah simply to eat here again.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

A great dinner last night at Red Ginger. We truly enjoyed everything we tried! Terrific Szechuan Wontons, Pot Stickers and Pork dumpling Shanghai Style (I liked them better than the ones I ate in Shanghai!). We also loved the Black Truffle ShuMai. My husband loved his Sushi Trio and my Yellowtail with Jalapeño was fresh and delicately spicy. The staff was charming and attentive. They worked really hard and kept the food going at a nice pace. A must if you love dimsum!

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We decided to try this restaurant instead of the other barbque type places in the downtown area that we were visiting while in Asheville. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere was gorgeous. A beautiful place. And the menu was so interesting. We tried the soups, the wonton and the hot and sour. Both were above what we have had in the past. Then the mushroom dumplings the sautéed chicken! Yes...not disappointing at all. Delicious. But, the fried rice was truly unique. The freshness of the food was pure joy.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for a quick bite and had wonton soup and a sushi roll with ribeye steak. The soup was average and the roll was good. Our server wasn't attentive and didn't check on us after he delivered our food. Nice outdoor seating area

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Was out and about in downtown and just happened to be hungry at the right moment. Honestly, the smell of the dumplings and the activity in the place drew me in right away. Best dumplings and primo service. Great find in downtown that warrants a return trip.