7,717 results
All reviews sunset terrace club floor vanderbilt wing resort fee sports complex the blue ridge dining room spa experience piano bar historic hotel rocking chairs day pass mountain view main building breakfast buffet gpi gingerbread edison
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I have been trying to find the words for this review but the only thing I can think of is disappointment. There are so many levels of disappointment and here is why. You come to find the Omni Grove Park Inn to be a beautiful and elegant place to relax, unwind, maybe having a wedding here or even just a retreat for the weekend. This was what I had in mind when I booked my mother’s hotel for her honeymoon. The room I picked was one that came with a package that said it included champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. When I paid for the room it was a hefty price but what I thought the Omni would be, I thought it would be worth the price. My mom gets there and is taken back by the size of the room (way smaller than what she imagined. Smaller than like a Marriott room). That wasn’t a big deal but just surprising. The grounds she said were gorgeous. But that night when they went to shower off from the day and when she grabbed a towel and held it up there were holes in the towel. With what I was paying why would I want a towel with holes in it. That just blew my mind. Not to mention the bathroom had mold in the corner and cracks on the floor. For $450 a night I would have picked somewhere else. The room and experience was not what I wanted for a honeymoon. I’m just utterly frustrated and disappointed in the staff as when I voiced this to them, all they did and told me was that they were going to pass this onto housekeeping so they can make a note of it. Thank you Omni for showing me this is the way you handle things and even more so this is how you handle customers with special occasions going on in there lives. I’m more so just disappointed in the way they were treated and for the value it was. Their customer service should have been more on the ball. Overall, I would never stay here for myself. I know my mother is never going back. For anyone else booking, don’t be surprised if you’re overlooked or pushed to the side if you’re trying to have a special occasion or weekend here.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank nicolestravels44
Reviewed 24 September 2018

This property is so elegant yet the staff is friendly and warm and makes you feel at home. There is so much to do on sight there is no need to leave, even fun entertainment. The spa is amazing and a unique experience. It was a special haven. The waters are very healing.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel/resort is listed in “Top 10” magazines for all types of reasons

No doubt, it is fantastic. It is a dichotomy of experiences on many levels. Elegant but rustic. Corporate and bed/breakfast. Expansive but personal.

I’ve read the other reviews and wanted to make sure you knew a few things if this is your first time:

1. The service is top-top level. An unbelievably well trained staff.

2. The Spa - without a doubt the best one we’ve been too. The estheticians are way above average and the whole experience will amaze. Their grotto is stellar.

Caution: this spa is a life experience - and as such, it is in demand. You must make reservations for the spa when you book hotel - otherwise you probably will not get in day of arrival ( or for your entire stay) . On weekends you need to have a service ( massage, facial etc) to even access the spa. Spend the money - it will change your life.

3. Have at least one meal on the Sunset Terrace. It’s beautiful. If you want peak hours make the reservation well in advance.

4. The golf course is classic Donald Ross. Easy off the tee - but the greens are dynamic and you’re approaches must be perfect.

Finally, everything will cost but well worth the experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing. The views are amazing. Such a great place to spent a special occasion. We really enjoyed everything. You must walk
Around the entire hotel, you never know what you will find (we found the most fun dueling piano bar). The restaurant is simply amazing. We ate every meal at the buffet. The food was amazing. We were there for a birthday, and the staff made sure was a fantastic experience.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

We went to the Grove Park in as a girls’ getaway splurge, and though the location is fabulous, you do not get good value for what you pay. Our room was over $500 a night, which did not include daily resort fees or parking. And we had to wait over 40 minutes to get our car back from the valet parking on a slow weekend. Additionally, they did not tell us that we needed to book spa appointments with our reservation, and were EXTREMELY disappointed that we could not get into the spa at all.
There were two complimentary bottles of water in the room, but only the first day.
Mercenaries.
Too bad greed rules the Grove Park now that Omni owns it. It used to be our favorite place.
Look elsewhere.