7,585 results
All reviews sunset terrace vanderbilt wing resort fee sports complex the blue ridge dining room gingerbread house club floor spa experience piano bar historic hotel rocking chairs day pass main lobby mountain view breakfast buffet gpi edison
Reviewed 18 March 2017

I was taken here for my birthday weekend, this year in February. I knew it was a splurge, probably a once in a lifetime visit, but I was fascinated with the place. Don't expect any "wow' when it comes to the rooms, that's why,no matter how much I would love to go again, in the spring or fall, I couldn't justify the "In Season" price which pretty much doubles the Feb price. That being said, as a traveler, it should be on your bucket list, or if $750.00 a night , plus 100.00 a day, per person, just to get into the Spa, (no treatments included) is in your budget, have at it! It is a Historical Hotel, so it definitely takes a good two days, just to walk the halls, and see/read the pictures of the famous politicians and celebrities that have come before you. Tons of history was made at that Hotel. The Staff is Phenomenal. They treat everyone as the most important guest! The food at the Hotel's Vue 1913 was was on par with the price, and of course you get the View. The Spa is to die for if you can afford it. If not, just pass through the stone halls with flowing water and the smell of Eucalyptus, that part if free and you can still get your zen on! There is a fun dueling Piano bar to lighten the evening, and a music trio in the gorgeous Lobby area. I would go back again and again if it was in my budget, still happy just to say I've been there!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tamiennis60
Reviewed 18 March 2017

We were there to visit with another couple. The guest areas - dining, shopping, spa, etc. - were most enjoyable. The Grovewood Gallery is an excellent gallery. My concern was the room. The mattress must definitely be replaced. Wall covering was dated. Furniture very basic and worn. Amenities (hair dryer, etc.) were excellent.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2017

I call the GPI my happy place, because it is just that, I relax and enjoy every aspect of the hotel. The views, the friendliness of the staff, excellent food at the restaurants. Every time I have a questions, someone is there to help and has the answers. A 5 star hotel at it's best, and the best spa offered ever!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2017

We expected to have a good time but really just keep it simple and recover. The hotel treated us amazingly and made the trip incredible! So much more than we could have ever hoped for. Our low-key first trip as a couple turned into one that we're not sure we'll be able to match for a long time. The hotel is beautiful and the staff are fantastic. Go to here.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2017

Thank you for choosing to spend your honeymoon with us and for the wonderful feedback you've provided about your experience. We were delighted to discover how amazing your visit with us was and hope to have another opportunity to create warm memories with you and your family someday.

Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

We had such an maxing time here. I am sure snobbish rich people can always find something to complain about, but this place was awesome. If I had one negative thing to say it was that the rooms, while really nice, were bat as impressive as I had hoped for the money. However the resort more than made up for it. We found something new every day. Our last night was at the piano at which was great. The views and food were to die for. Whenever you come it is worth the experience. Thanks June and Alan for the visit.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
The Grove Park M, Manager at The Omni Grove Park Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2017

Thank you for choosing to spend Thanksgiving with us last year and sharing such kind words about the time you spent with us. We loved discovering how much you enjoyed the views, cuisine, and overall ambiance of our resort and will continue to work to ensure all aspects of our property are up to the standards we have earned our reputation for.