All reviews billy and mike pre civil war wrap around porches bed and breakfast b bs great stories rich history southern hospitality the main house each morning breakfast is served the entire staff cookies breakfast was amazing house is beautiful other guests we loved our stay
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We stayed at the Reynolds Mansion for the first time recently, and I certainly hope it won't be our last. The mansion is beautiful inside and out, and Billy and his team have done an amazing job of preserving its historical ambience. It has its quirks, such as curtained-off bathtubs in the rooms, mineral stains in the sinks, and few places to plug in a phone charger, but that sort of thing comes with a building that has been there since 1847. It all contributes to the experience...you can genuinely feel the history oozing from the walls.

Sandy and Billy were so welcoming and friendly, and full of knowledge about the property and the town. They made us feel at home, encouraging us to live in and explore the property as though it were our own. It was so relaxing to sit on the spacious wrap-around porch and take in the mountain views with a nice glass of wine.

The breakfasts were substantial and delicious, a great way to start each day. I highly recommend this property!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

I have visited Reynolds Mansion now about 8-9 times. This place never disappoints me. This time me and my hubby visited as a late anniversary trip.
We relaxed and enjoyed the company of owner and the staff. They remember your preferences each time and always go out the way to make you comfortable/at home.
We stayed in the All that Jazz room and it was spotless & very comfortable.
The food was wonderful as usual and my husband who’s a picky eater even enjoyed it.
No matter if your visiting for relaxation or adventure fill trip to Asheville ,Reynolds Mansion is the place rest your head.

See you all next time!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My husband and I wanted a different experience from the typical for us which includes a hotel or a cruise ship. We had never been to Asheville, NC so we decided to take a trip to check it out since it is only a four hour trip for us. At the advice of a friend of a friend, we stayed at Reynolds Mansion. Our trip began with being greeted at the door by Sandy who was an absolutely fabulous hostess the entire stay. She helped carry our bags to our room on the second floor (The Claudette) and told us all the important things we needed to know about Asheville as well as the fact that a yummy breakfast would be served each morning at 9am. Upon arrival to our room, we had two delicious chocolate chip cookies awaiting us as well as a beautiful room that made you feel like you were at home. I can't tell you how many times we sat by the gas fireplace sipping a hot drink (which was also provided on the same floor that we were on). We also spent many mornings and afternoons on the huge porches watching the sunset or sunrise with a view of the mountains. Breakfast, cooked by Jim, each morning was out of this world (worth every penny). The last day we had my favorite breakfast...but you'll have to go to see for yourself. Billy sat with us each morning and answered all our questions about the mansion and shared some really cool stories. We were so lucky that we were the only ones there that weekend which meant we got to explore all the other rooms....so much fun. We also paid extra to have a massage by a couple that comes to your room and gives the best massage I have ever had. I hope we get to go back to the mansion again very soon (Christmas would be my dream). Thank you Sandy, Billy and Jim for making us feel right at home while also spoiling us. We won't ever forget this trip.

Room tip: The Claudette faces west so you see the mountains from your window. It also has a king sized bed which is important to us.
Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed another wonderful stay at the Reynolds Mansion this past weekend. It is always so relaxing to stay here. Billy, Jim and Sandy served up a fabulous breakfast as usual before we left to head back home. Thank you for your OUTSTANDING hospitality. We are already looking forward to our return visit to the Reynolds Mansion.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

If your goal is to treat yourself to all the creature comforts of a high end B and B, then you must stay at The Reynolds Mansion. Your host Billy and the rest of the staff will treat you like nobility and you will dine at breakfast like a king or queen. Our room was outfitted beautifully and the amenities surpassed all expectations. We plan on returning in the future when ew return to Asheville.

Date of stay: October 2017