1,335 results
All reviews full kitchen fire pit top floor bedroom condo washer and dryer hear every footstep granite countertops upstairs neighbors huge shower well equipped kitchen home away from home small balcony living area hot tub flat screen thin walls walk in shower
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

The bedroom carpet was the dirtiest of any hotel or condominium or house I have ever stayed in. The front desk apologized. My simple question is why did I have to tell them? Housekeeping at the least sees the room.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank jerobemd
Carter S, Manager at Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

I'm sorry you had a dirty carpet, but I'm happy that the front desk was able to help out. In keeping with Asheville's push to go green, our housekeeping staff only takes care of towel exchange and trash pickup unless an extra request is made. We're always happy to address any issues on the spot, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

The condo itself was great, however the area outside the condo, elevator, stairs, etc. was not so well kept, actually somewhat dirty. The staff was extremely helpful and nice. The distance from The Biltmore Mansion was close in proximity.

Stayed: August 2018
Carter S, Owner at Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Thanks for staying with us! I'm sorry to hear that the area near your condo was a bit unkept, and I'll be looking into it immediately. I'm glad our staff could be helpful, and I very much appreciate the excellent rating. Come stay with us again anytime.

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took a one night trip to Asheville for a concert and had the pleasure of staying at The Residences at Biltmore. We had originally booked a very high priced hotel in downtown because it was within walking distance to a venue we were planning to see our favorite band at that evening. However, we decided to look around and came across this place and booked immediately for all the amenities with a very reasonable price! It was the best decision too! Upon check in the front desk was very accommodating and assured us that we would receive a text as soon as our room was ready, we arrived earlier than their check in time. Sure enough, not even 20min later we received the text and were able to go to our room. We stayed in a studio room which had a full kitchen that was fully equipped from dishes to cookware, fireplace, ironing board and iron, full bath with a very large walk in shower, queen bed, tile floors and a private balcony.
It was a wonderful night away for us and hope to return again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Carter S, Manager at Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Narcissa, I'm grateful you decided to look around for the perfect spot to stay in Asheville, and it's great that's what led you to us. Thank you for sharing how pleased you were with our comfortable and spacious studio. What's more, I'm so glad you were impressed by our helpful and friendly team, too.

I hope this means we'll be welcoming you two back the next time you're in town for an event.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I just experienced a dam check out, just after check out time at 11am, the maids knocked on our door 6 times, the front desk called room twice, and then they called my cell phone. I thought they must have a big crowd coming in early, got out of room and parking lot was empty. Crazy

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank randy57storm
Carter S, Manager at Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Our checkout time is 11am, Randy, but if you ever need to extend the time, you can let our team know as we have a policy for that. We also have our check out time on our website and mention it during check in, so if it wasn't clear, I'm sorry.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

My wife and i made the huge mistake of booing a block of rooms for my daughter's wedding at this property and based on our experiences, here are my opinions of this property. We travel extensively, and based on our experience, the guest service here was the WORST we have ever experienced ANYWHERE. This is not a hotel, but individual condos, so do not expect hotel service, which the staff will proudly inform you of as an excuse for why the guest service barely exists and is o bad. Despite the fact that we reserved 10 or more room and spent probably $10,000, the management and staff at this property provided the worst, nastiest service you could imagine.

When my daughter, the bride, arrived a day earlier than us to check in, she was treated rudely by the clerk, who made some inappropriate comments to her. She informed me of this the next day when we arrive. When we went to check in at 12:30, I asked if we could check in early as we had a car full of items to unload. She told me housekeeping was working on the room, but assured me she would "expedite" it (which turns out to be a complete lie as they do not expedite anything). She told me that she may have difficulty telling the cleaning staff this as she "did not speak Spanish," which i found insulting toward Hispanics, as if only Hispanics would be cleaning rooms. i did not say anything about her tone deaf comment.

I then asked for a manager so i could discuss my daughter's issue. One was not available, which was a consistent issue, as Jordan Hypes, the front desk manager is pretty much useless, and Shane, the general manager who provides the smug, self serving and untrue tripadvisor responses to unhappy guests, never seems to be available in any way, and may not even exist. Based on the way he has totally avoided me since 8/17/18, you have more luck finding the Easter bunny than Shane. Thus, I asked to speak to Ashley, our event coordinator, who was on the phone but would be with me shortly. After 10 or 15 minutes, she finally came out. Obviously, speaking to me was not a very high priority for her. During my wait, i walked around the very small reception area as I had been in a car for 3 hours. I was later told that this was "aggressive" behavior which scared the staff. Ashley came out and we went back into her office, where i explained what had happened in a calm normal voice. She told me the behavior of the clerk was unacceptable but that was it, so I told her they owed my daughter an apology and asked to have the general manager call me before I left her office. I was later told that my concerns were relayed to Shane that day, but needless to say, to this day I have never heard from him. I was also told that my complaint upset Ashley terribly, so I guess complaining about rude treatment must be upsetting to their staff. The fact that no one followed up with me on this issue makes clear that the statement of tripadvisor about the importance of guest service and that guests can always call the desk with any concerns are clearly without any merit, as it is clear that the staff could care less how they treat their guests.

We then met my daughter on the property to wait on our room. During this time we were in view of room 215, which I did not know at the time was our room, but later found out it was at check in. From 1 pm to 3 pm, there was no one in the room or cleaning the room, despite the false claim that it was being "expedited." At 3 pm, when I walked by the room twice to go to the office, there was still no one in the room or cleaning it. I went to the office to ask if the room was ready as we had been there 2 1/2 hours. The clerk could not reach the cleaning staff so another clerk went to check on the room. He came back after 5 minutes and told me it would be another 35 to 40 minutes, but failed to say that no one was in there. When I asked why the cleaning took so long, as i knew no one was in there, he lied and said it took 3 hour to clean the room, which is ridiculous. When i asked if this were correct, him and 2 other coworkers just nodded in agreement. I later found out that one of the office bobble heads was Jordan Hypes, the manager, who failed to identify himself in any way. I would have thought that knowing of my concerns he would have asked to speak to me, addressed my concerns, or raised any other issues he may have had. He did none of these things, reinforcing the fact that he has no managerial or guest service skills whatsoever. When I later asked him why he did not address my concerns at the time, he said he thought things had calmed down and did not want to raise any issues. I would have thought any reasonable manager would have stepped up at the point to address my issues, but he just stood dumbly by and said nothing. His fabricated response tells you how out of tune to guest issues he is. As i was leaving, the clerk proudly pointed to another couple in the lobby to inform me that they had been waiting for their 2 bedroom to be clean for 5 hours. I am not sure why she felt this was a positive, but apparently if the staff provides lousy service and no one gets too upset, they chalk it up as a victory. if you do make the mistake of going to this property, do not expect them to do anything to try and get you in your room before 4pm, regardless of your circumstance.

The next couple of days were consumed with wedding activities, but on Sunday the day of the wedding, i stopped in the office to make what i thought was the reasonable request to extend my checkout by 1 hour. Other guests had been told to ask the day before checkout for this, consistent with other properties. The clerk looked totally unhappy with the request and told me to call the next morning by 7 am to ask as the unit may rent out later in the day, which seemed highly unlikely. I told her that by 7 am the next day it would be too late to arrange our departure, to which she told me we could pay for another 1/2 day. i then asked to speak to a manger and surprise, Jordan, who was lurking near by, stepped up for the first time in 3 days and identified himself as a manager. We went into the back office and i asked him why the request was such a problem given my earlier unaddressed issue and the fact that we spent a lot of money at the property. He did not address my issue, but launched into a tirade against me personally about how badly i treated the office staff, which was a complete lie. At this point, one of the clerks rushed in and started whining loudly about how my walking in the lobby was scary and how upset Ashley was after our talk. She even said the clerk who made inappropriate remarks to my daughter "was just that way," as if this was an excuse for his behavior. Jordan heard this but still did not apologize for his employee's behavior. Jordan made a lot of false remarks about conversations in which
he was not a part of and i told him so, in response to which he called me a "liar" several times and then told me to leave the office. Neither Jordan nor his whining employee took any responsibility for their actions and made clear that trying to work with guests was not important. He later told me that if i was not out by 11 am then he would charge me for it. I asked to have Shane call me, but of course, that has never happened to this day. I believe that Jordan's nasty behavior and threats were in retaliation for my earlier complaints about his staff. The clear message at this property is that if you get bad service and have the nerve to complain about it that they will threaten and punish you. The nastiness of the tenor of the discussion from Jordan and his clerk is hard to convey in this space, but is such that one would never expect to receive as a paying guest anywhere.

As for the property itself, it is marginal and not worth the prices charged, especially comparing it to the many nice places to stay in Asheville. The unit was worn and despite the 3 hours of cleaning was not terribly clean. The towels are very thin and the type found in cheap gyms and the toiletries are bottom shelf. As noted in other reviews, the ceiling and walls are very thin and you can hear a lot of noise. The pictures are misleading as there is ugly construction at the front of the property and parking is limited. It is also 2 miles from downtown, so you are not in the middle of the main Asheville scene.

There is also a not well advertised 4% convenience fee added to the bill. I asked the clerk on checkout what it was for, and while he was pretty inarticulate, he seemed to be saying that it was a city tax that was on the bill so the owners were aware of it. he seemed clear that it was paid to the city so i called the city and they knew nothing about it. Either the clerk did not know what it was for or he simply lied about it. It was in the contract so i paid it. When you compare room prices, be sure to account for this sneaky fee on their pricing.

With so many warm welcoming properties in Asheville, which enjoy serving their guests, there is no reason to stay here. I was particularly concerned at the lack of diversity of the managers and staff as i saw no people of color on staff or even in the grounds crew. The only diversity I saw was that some of the cleaning staff was Hispanic, but I saw no African American employees at all at this property and no people of color in the office. After reading so many poor reviews with guest complaining about the lack of service, it is clear that management is aware they have a problem, particularly among their poor managers, but the fact that they have not corrected it makes clear that they care only about their guests' money and not their guests. If I were an owner of one of the condos, I would be very concerned about how badly the management company treats the guest, thus costing me and the other owners money.

When Shane repeatedly posts pandering responses to unhappy guests on tripadvisor about how important guest service is to him and how the front desk is there to help, it is clear that these statement are just not true. It is inconceivable that he was made aware of the issue with my daughter and myself, during the weekend of her wedding, and that he never reached out to me in any way while i was there and has not tried to contact me in the 4 days since. This is inexcusable and reflective of the incompetent, dishonest, nasty behavior exhibited by the management and staff of this property. They have no credibility whatsoever. My advice is DO NOT STAY AT THIS PROPERTY as there a lot of friendlier, better places around.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank brian f
Carter S, Manager at Residences at Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Brian, while we may be slightly different than the average hotel, I can assure you that we're proud to provide top-notch, excellent customer service for our guests. Our managers, including Shane and Jordan, do their best to be available as needed, and in this situation, we did our best to remedy all you and your family's concerns, That said, we did and do understand your concerns and are disappointed to see you all leave on this bad note. We truly respond to all our reviews with complete honesty, as our guests are very important to us. Moving forward, we'll learn from this and will continue to provide the same excellent service that we always have

The Residences at Biltmore