1,310 results
All reviews tennis courts racquet club breakfast buffet close to downtown walking trails an older property outdoor pool fitness center shuttle service beds were very comfortable biltmore estate balconies pet interstate fireplace nc
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Booked this hotel room so we could visit the Biltmore Estate. The lobby is beautiful with a lovely burning fireplace and bar/restaurant area. It is a resort property, but we did not have time to explore all that it had to offer. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They provided maps and directions and advice. We had such a good experience that I will make this hotel the only place I will book when staying in Asheville.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I have been visiting the property annually for many years. It never had disappointed. Convenient to downtown and comfortable accomodations. Highly recommended for business conferences or a nice weekend getaway.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2018

The Crowne Plaza Resort holds a unique charm of its own. While it boasts some very nice renovations and updates, one cannot help but feel a definite reminiscence to the bygone '70's era of the "family resort." While the internals of the hotel feel nicely updated, much of the outside design work definitely shows its age. The large, open lobby with grand fireplace welcome you in, and the staff are very friendly. The room was nicely updated and had a good view. The only complaint of the weekend stay to note was that the elevator in the wing I stayed in was horribly slow.

My family and I stayed at the Crown Plaza Resort for the weekend, mostly just as a landing pad while visiting family in the area, so we did not take full advantage of the "resort-ish" amenities. There are some fun features to the property, including a very nice looking restaurant, bar, swimming pool, spa, and a golf course.

Overall, a nice choice of hotel, whether you're just staying in the area, or there for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

You cannot say this hotel does not have all you need, the issue is getting it. I am a bit of a cranky traveler when I have been traveling all day. this is now the second time I have stayed here and checking in is the slowest of any hotel where I have stayed. They seem to have a lack of staff as when I went back to the desk for a bottle of water the person at the desk was unfamiliar with things as they were from catering. By the way, there is no water in the rooms nor in the vending machine on my floor. Finally, at 5:30 AM when I called to check out, no one answered the phone after 10 rings. THe hotel itself has all you need, lots of activities, nice open rooms, many with little terraces or balconies and well situated. They just need help!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 446garyb
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi 446garyb,

Thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza again for your lodging needs in Asheville! I'm glad you liked our common spaces and rooms. On the downside, I'm sorry about the service you received at check-in! I've shared your feedback with management as reference for training of the staff involved.

I hope you give us another try soon as we're committed to making your stay better than the last!

Safe travels,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 October 2018

We have enjoyed this property in the past and the upgrades are very nice, but what really made our trip was the breakfast buffet. We met Sous chef Amy, who had been “playing” in the kitchen-wow what a spread! From Tasso ham strata to blackened shrimp over a polenta cake with tomato gravy to over stuffed cheese blintzes, this was the best breakfast buffet ever had. What a deal and a lot of fun. Jacqlueline and Kat were very friendly and we will be back for more of Amy’s delicious food!

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple