1,310 results
All reviews tennis courts racquet club breakfast buffet close to downtown walking trails an older property outdoor pool fitness center shuttle service beds were very comfortable biltmore estate balconies pet interstate fireplace nc
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

Great hotel friendly service and pets welcome
They care about community and large spacious rooms and hotel. The Adventure center is in its backyard and within walking distance.
Zip lining was awesome
The guides Ryan and Steven have me the VIP tour guide.
Be sure and tip them

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Funadventures2do
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Crowne Plaza is a quality standard my artists look forward to on tour but this location is next level awesome and really matches the vibe of Asheville. First of all, this is a resort and features a golf course, zip lines, 15 tennis courts, 3 pools (one indoors), spa, bar, and delicious restaurant (get the breakfast buffet). Something else that’s really cool and unique to this location is that it’s right off the highway but you would never know it by the cool spacious wooded surroundings. Rooms are well maintained; I really liked the marble work, comfy beds, and premium toiletry products. Also know that the 24 hour shuttle service can get you anywhere you want to go in Asheville for $5. Loved this spot, an absolute treat with wonderful staff. We loved it.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We were in town for my son's soccer tournament. First, the hotel would not honor the pre-negotiated rate for the tournament, but since the rest of team was staying there we decided to as well. Since there were hundreds of families in town for the soccer tournament, they decided to over inflate prices, even though the hotel was no where near being fully booked.
It is an older hotel, but they have done a nice job at renovating it, but the bathrooms are still very small and the ceilings are very low. Our room was fine except for the a/c. It smelled very musty and moldy. We asked the front desk if anything could be done and they came by and changed the filter, which helped a little. However, for our entire stay, our room still smelled like an old, damp basement.
The breakfast was also a bit expensive. Bottom line, for the money we paid, the value was simply not there. We expected much more.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Michelle R
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Hi Michelle R!

Thanks for choosing Crowne Plaza for your lodging needs. I am sorry about the hotel's dated feel, especially the condition of the room that you were allocated that prevented you from completely enjoying your time with us. Management's aware of your feedback and will consider upgrades needed to deliver a better guest experience.

We hope you keep IHG in mind when planning your future travels.

Best,

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Friday, August 24 was my first time staying at this property and absolutely loved it. I will be staying here anytime my business takes me to Asheville. I just wish I had the time to enjoy the two pools, zip lining, and many other fun activities that just didn't work with my time constraint. Thanks for having me and I WILL BE BACK several times a year. Thanks again.

Room Tip: They offer ground floor with patio access if you have a lot of stuff to move into your room.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Asheville, NC Friday, August 17. I'm a touring musician and have stayed at many hotels and this one was on the top of the list. Everyone was so nice and accommodating and I wish I had the time to enjoy all of it's amenities. Next time I perform in your beautiful town not only will I stay here again but I'll extend my stay and take a few much needed vacation days as well. Thanks for everything including the Sleep Tight package for my girl.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business