“Heaven in the Mountains”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road
Ranked #8 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
West Union, South Carolina
“Heaven in the Mountains”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Homewood Suites by hilton in Asheville, North Carolina from January 31st thru February 2nd, 2012. We have stayed at this hotel several times in the past as well. My husband goes for his work and I tag along to play. This is hands down one of my favorite places to stay, The staff is always friendly and goes out of their way to make your stay a wonderful experience. The rooms are neat, clean and well appointed. The complimentary breakfast is always delicious and offers a good variety of choices. The lobby has a wonderful stone fireplace in the lobby to warm you, and every evening there is a light buffet for dinner that includes a glass of wine or cold glass of beer. The hotel has a really nice indoor pool and hot tub, as well as a small work-out room. There are several good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel and you can jump on the trolley to take you to all the local sights and shopping. If you are planning a trip to the Asheville area you definitely should plan to stay at the homewood Suites by Hilton. One of the best!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tropicscoot
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Thank you for being a regular return guest. We truly value your loyalty when in the Asheville Area and appreciate your business. We are happy you enjoy your stays here and the service and offerings we provide. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to seeing you tagging along again soon.
Troy Ferguson - General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Fletcher, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Nice place to stay. easy to get to and from. good staff.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for being our guest, and for taking the time to share your comments with the traveling public. We hope to see you again soon.
Grand Island, Florida
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Location of Property:
Right off of I-240, easy interstate access and there is a vast selection of your normal restaurants, fast food places, and a few local joints. Location was perfect for me.

Room:
Had a King Suite, standard dated Homewood Suites interior, nothing special. Just your standard Homewood Suites room, only thing that made me say "really?" was the carpet that goes into the sink area of the bathroom, thought that was a little odd. Otherwise, everything was fine.

Food:
A lot better than the Hampton Inn breakfast as of lately. Nice seating area, breakfast was good, warm, and plenty of it. Dinner on the other hand wasn't as great. I don't eat dinner at Homewood's all the time, I did have the Meatloaf one night, think TV dinner Salisbury steak and your in the same food range. Now for the staff, I went to pour a beer from one of the taps, the glass was pulled from my hand by a male worker, as he said "No, No, No...this is how you need to pour a beer from a tap" got my blood boiling a bit considering, number one you never should do that to anyone, maybe I like the way I pour my OWN beer, two he did it with an attitude, and three a over filled the glass which was spilling all over the floor. I promptly handed him the glass and said "Good Job!" and then poured my own beer.

In Summary:
For me this hotel was clean and did the trick for my stay but I would not stay here again simply because of staff attitude, between the "beer man" and the gentleman at the front desk who acted like it was a problem when I checked in, I'll take my business elsewhere next time so they aren't bothered with me.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
true7, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Asheville- Tunnel Road, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Thank you for being our guest while traveling on business recently in the Asheville Area, and for sharing your feedback. We are happy you were pleased with our location. I am sorry that you found the King Suite dated. At the beginning of last year our duvets and carpet were newly replaced in an effort to keep things fresh and up-to-date. I apologize for your experience with the staff member as stated above. In no way is this kind of behavior acceptable here. Our Management Team would like to know immediately is anything like this happens so that we can address it immediately, and we stand behind our Suite Assurance Guarantee. We value all of our guests and do not feel bothered by any, but truly appreciate the business. I hope you will give us another opportunity the next time you are doing business in our area.
WOODSTOCK, GA
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This was our first visit to this hotel in Asheville. We normally stay at one of the Hampton Inns. It was a pleasure from the moment we stepped into the lobby. Robbie greeted us so warmly and we chatted while checking in. The room was spotless. It was such a pleasant experience that we will select this property again when staying in Asheville. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KATHY H
Thank you for giving us a try while in the Asheville Area. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your stay. Thank you for mentioning Robbie and the warm service he provided. He certainly has a way to make our guests feel welcome and I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay. We hope to see you soon.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed 27 January 2012

My husband, son and I stayed here recently for a short getaway. This was our 3rd stay at this property and has become our go-to choice when traveling in Asheville with our son. The rooms have a great layout and it's nice to have a seperate space for everyone. The hotel and rooms are very clean and well maintained. The staff is very nice and always waved and spoke hello whenever we saw them.

The location is fairly central to the major areas and attractions in Asheville and there are a large number of chain restaurants located on the same road as the hotel. The breakfast was good both days but I would advise to get there early. It seems like there should be more tablels given the number of guests.

We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank elisbanders
Thank you for being our guest several times. We truly value your business as a regular guest and appreciate your loyalty. We are happy that you enjoy our spacious suites, staff friendliness, location and Full Hot Breakfast. I apologize if you had trouble finding a table at breakfast, we often times will open our meeting room for additional seating space at peek times. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and we look forward to seeing you on future visits.
Troy Ferguson