“Top notch Service, top dollar”
Review of The Dining Room

The Dining Room
Ranked #13 of 830 Restaurants in Asheville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Main restaurant of the Inn on Biltmore Estate
Reviewed 18 December 2017

My wife and I had dinner at the Dining room and the food was excellent and was commensurate with the prices. We had the 5 course menu. Beware that the 5 course meal is a tasting menu. It is not advertised that way, but are quick to mention it. Food was excellent. But the service was as good as the best restaurants in NYC. You barely had to look up, and the waiter would be right there at our service. Very professional, friendly and knowledgable. The food runners even could discuss the details of the ingredients. Definitely recommendation.

1  Thank SkyLineGR

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Great way to start your day at Biltmore and you won't leave hungry. Made to order omelet bar, all the fruits and sweets you can imagine, good assortment of meats, eggs, biscuits and gravy, all delicious. Even though it is a buffet, the service is excellent as well.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Celebrated my wife's birthday here with my daughter and her boyfriend. All I can say is if they would allow 10 stars, they would get it. Fantastic meal with outstanding service. We all had the same meals except for dessert. The she crab soup was splendid. Very well presented and the flavor was great. We then moved onto the entrée which was the lobster with gnocci. So good. Every bite was delicious. When you first look at it, you will think, is this going to fill me up. Yes it is. The richness is immaculate. We finished off with dessert. I had the chocolate and everyone else had the crème brulle . All were a great way to end a fantastic dining experience. We all thoroughly enjoyed my wife's birthday dinner. They made sure our wine glasses were always filled and knew when to stop and ask if we needed anything. Also, each course was brought out at an appropriate time. No dishes sitting on the table being eaten while another course came out. BTW, the truffle scones are excellent. It comes out with the other bread when you arrive. No complaints. Everything went extremely well and my hats off to the staff at The Dining Room. You made this a very memorable birthday experience.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I are pass holders at the Biltmore Estate and were offered a discount at any restaurant on the property. Since we had not tried this restaurant we made a reservation. Everything was wonderful upon arrival. We placed our order. She crab soup was awful. Entrees (steak and lobster) arrived ice cold and improperly cooked. We waited 45 minutes for meal to be Re-cooked. (And arrived cold again) The service was terrible. We were given a complimentary glass of wine and bowl of mashed potatoes for our troubles. Really?! Come on. We expected more from a “fine dining” establishment!

Remember- She crab soup was awful and food was cold twice. Discounted food equals lousy food and service on this visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary dinner - to celebrate our 3rd anniversary as a married couple (7th year having been together). It was a wonderful dinner! The staff was very attentive, quite knowledgeable, and the food was perfectly prepared. The atmosphere is a nice blend of luxury and comfort - warm neutral colors, oversized fireplace, and decorative accents like chandeliers and window draperies. This is a nicer establishment so I recommend dressing the part (at least business casual attire). I would budget for roughly $75-$80 per person (depending on how much you drink). The Dining Room is located in the Inn at Biltmore Estate, which is a quick ride from anywhere on the Biltmore Estate property using their transportation system. I would recommend eating a here whenever you are wanting to celebrate a special occasion.